When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The perfect Solid End Link - Let's do it!

chefcook

Great initiative! The end link fit has always been bothering me.

Regarding taking an existing bracelet apart. It is easy, I did it many times to replace the end links with my best end links. It can easily be done with a screwdriver. The link is being held together by 2 pins. I can post pictures.

Great initiative! The end link fit has always been bothering me.

Regarding taking an existing bracelet apart. It is easy, I did it many times to replace the end links with my best end links. It can easily be done with a screwdriver. The link is being held together by 2 pins. I can post pictures.

That's three pins. ;)

V3:

I think I am getting closer.

sel_v3_1n96lq.jpg

sel_v3_2hf477.jpg

sel_v3_3to26g.jpg

sel_v3_4al3oy.jpg

sel_v3_57p5k3.jpg

sel_v3_66s2tm.jpg

This is now 20.15mm wide. Do you think it is enough?

The case it is mounted to is 5mm thick (only the mid case) between the lugs with a 1mm strap notch. Lug shape is roughly taken from my Sean case.

I think we are safe by 20,5mm.

So anybody can shape it for his case.

Maybe the middle Link must be more curved like on a gen Link?!?

In my opinion it's too straight.

Edited by Tribal

Please bear in mind that the gen SEL are shorter than average Rep SEL, the lugbars on Gen look longer as on every rep. Always a detail nobody talks about. I could send you maybe my Gen bracelet for measurement if you are interested, just drop me a pm and we can discuss max

That's absolutely right , I need a shorter in length SEL for my TW case... This is one that bothers me so much I'm intending to get a gen bracelet : ) , thanks for bringing up Eiderdaus ...

Chef I'm in for this project , pls Let me know if u need anything

Are you sure that the mid link should be more curved?

Look at this genuine Sub (both pics show the same watch) and it looks pretty straight to me...

1lq21i.jpg

21u6p1.jpg

Regarding the lug length or end link length my observation is that all rep cases actually have too short lugs. Only exception is Sean's case.

Great initiative! My concern is that the case lugs could be too wide not the bracelet SEL. In addition I'm pretty sure that every batch of the same case might have slightly different measures. A solution could be to produce 20.2-20.3mm SEL and then let the case owner sand it properly.

Here's my WM9 v1 with a gen bracelet, as you can see there is still a quite noticeable gap.

b89396da.jpg

Links have 3 pins indeed:

oysterlink2.jpg

Great initiative! My concern is that the case lugs could be too wide not the bracelet SEL. In addition I'm pretty sure that every batch of the same case might have slightly different measures. A solution could be to produce 20.2-20.3mm SEL and then let the case owner sand it properly.

Here's my WM9 v1 with a gen bracelet, as you can see there is still a quite noticeable gap.

b89396da.jpg

Links have 3 pins indeed:

oysterlink2.jpg

can you please post a pic of the SEL shape that shows the middle Link of the SEL is more curved ?

On the pic from your last post it is much less curved and very flat?!

The radius on top definitely is quite big. Maybe I have to decrease the bottom radius to get the connecting point between end link and first bracelet link a little more down. Hope my description is understandable... I'll make a picture tomorrow.