When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The perfect Solid End Link - Let's do it!

chefcook

Although I haven't followed all 7 pages of this topic, I can remember once trying to disassemble a rolex bracelet, and despite being quite skilled and knowing a thing or two about mechanical items and how to take them apart and re-assemble them, and having a good assortment of tooling and experience to draw upon, the final result of my efforts was a completely destroyed bracelet that was still perfectly together, but somewhat smashed...

Guess I must have glossed over the post that explains how someone is going to take the bracelet apart and replace the existing SEL, with this new one.

It should be interesting to say the least, reminds me of Fliplockbuckle and the amazing posts he did, oh the things you can do with a hockey puck... :)

I think that the hope is that TC is going to have one of the factories machine correct end links and have them attached to a bracelet. if that doesn't work, then I think end links will be made and there will be a lot of busted up bracelets with perfect fitting end links ;)

in either case, some kind of update would make my month

Although I haven't followed all 7 pages of this topic, I can remember once trying to disassemble a rolex bracelet, and despite being quite skilled and knowing a thing or two about mechanical items and how to take them apart and re-assemble them, and having a good assortment of tooling and experience to draw upon, the final result of my efforts was a completely destroyed bracelet that was still perfectly together, but somewhat smashed...

Guess I must have glossed over the post that explains how someone is going to take the bracelet apart and replace the existing SEL, with this new one.

It should be interesting to say the least, reminds me of Fliplockbuckle and the amazing posts he did, oh the things you can do with a hockey puck... :)

At least the Noobmariner and TW Best bracelets come apart quite easily. Wedge a very sharp blade between the outer and inner links of the last bracelet link and pry it apart...

TC is quite happy with the first prototype of the end links based on the drawings made by his supplier. He will not sell single end links but is searching for a vendor of bracelets willing to assemble bracelets with his end links. That will be a lot easier for customers...

TC will post when he is sure he has it right.......patience everyone give him some time as this is a hobby for all of us and he has gone out of his way for this community along with chefcook to try and bring us the changes we have been wanting in subs, for a long time.....

TC has several prototype endlinks.....he is trying to source a bracelet maker that will incorporate the endlink as part of a bracelet.This why he hasn't posted on this project yet.......it's still in the works....don't worry...this upgrade will happen with the introduction of the TC V3 bracelet soon enough.