When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Correct Hand Stack" Movement Pics

grifter

I just got some in for a couple of builds. Thought I'd share some photos of the movement for those curious about how the movement was modified to take the correct hand stack. Thoughts from the movement guru's?

66a12d45.jpg

b226f3d5.jpg

6eb7c4c1.jpg

4d5f82ac.jpg

122a6349.jpg

Comparison of gen hands vs the rep hands that came with the chs movement. Gen hands are always on top.

72eaedc6.jpg

d8b1ce0d.jpg

8a29ff6e.jpg

7b695aff.jpg

98e0aa23.jpg

Few small differences. When on the wrist, hardly noticeable and I can live with it. :)

Sead was able to source them for me. He's been great at finding me everything I've asked for. Big thank you, man!

Looks like the date will change with the movement of the hour hand rather than the GMT???

Am i right in thnking that this has a jumping hour hand when you adjust it independantly?

Looks very much like the older ones i have seen, where all i had were problems with the top most hour wheel and slippage with the drive for the hour wheel, twinned with dial clearance below the dial for the hour wheel and above for the hands.

how are these looking are they any better

Am i right in thnking that this has a jumping hour hand when you adjust it independantly?

if that's the case it will be interesting because that's how the gen should work.

all i had were problems with the top most hour wheel and slippage with the drive for the hour wheel, twinned with dial clearance below the dial for the hour wheel and above for the hands.

I'd be worried about that too.

• 8 months later...

Where can I get one of these as the DW in the standard eta position would be perfect for the EXP42mm which has a well documented oversized dateoverlay which is not needed as the window is farther right as per this CHS movement!!!!

I think the OP said from Sead.

I don't think the Exp 42 uses a DWO at all--from the pics I've seen it just uses a standard ETA datewheel with the dates printed in Rolex font, just like the movement shown above.

Also, a standard DWO can be fitted to this movement. I have two of them with BK DWO installed running just fine.

Looks awesome,

I wish some one could kit this. (supply all the needed materials for the conversion)

Or supply a parts list so we can order the parts and give it a run.

@grifter or sneed , what hand sizes do you end up using ? Thanks