When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Double Red - My dilemna!

danielv2000

Here is my beloved DRSD. I picked up this PB modded beauty a few months ago. I loved the blueish-grey insert and age of the dial and case. I think that PB did a fabulous job here. Once I added a nice vintage pearl, the watch took on an even better look!

My dilemna is that as much as I love the watch, dial and aging, I find myself focusing on the weaknesses of the dial. The spacing and font are a bit off from any gen dials I've researched on VRF and DRSD.com. A lot of time and effort went into modding the ND trading dial. I've considered putting in a 1570 in there but I know that finding the "perfect" DRSD will be difficult / impossible!

Am I being too anal here? Part of me says to enjoy the watch. Another part is telling me that to really appreciate the DRSD, it's got to be as franken as possible. It's the same dilemna that pushed me over the top in my pursuit of the ultimate vintage Daytona.

Your thoughts and comments

p1100053r.jpg

p1100052h.jpg

p1100051g.jpg

p1100050.jpg

p1100049.jpg

I was really surprised at how much difference a vintaged pearl made too. That teeny-tiny thing really is the finishing touch.

It's beautiful as is, but it is your watch. What might be too anal for one person might not be anal enough for another! If it bothers you, change it. Your watch should make you happy first.

I'm not a fan of the NDT Dials but hey if u like it why not. ;)

Your <acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym>'s need to be trimmed for shure from the outside.

A gen Insert is also nice and you need the HE Valve mod.

Your Lugholes are only countersunk???

Drill them to 1,2mm with no countersinking from the outside looks much better.

You see much potenicial on this watch ;)

Edited by Tribal

I was really surprised at how much difference a vintaged pearl made too. That teeny-tiny thing really is the finishing touch.

My girlfriend said it looks the same! I'm like, "hello" it's a whole new look!

I'm not a fan of the NDT Dials but hey if u like it why not. ;)

Your <acronym title='Crown Guard'><acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym></acronym>'s need to be trimmed for shure from the outside.

A gen Insert is also nice and you need the HE Valve mod.

Your Lugholes are only countersunk???

Drill them to 1,2mm with no countersinking from the outside looks much better.

You see much potenicial on this watch ;)

I had not noticed the lug holes! Good eye.

I just picked up a gen insert and will wait to put it on until I decide where to go with this project.

Can I ask why you don't favor NDT dials?

Beautiful watch you got there Dan, but I know that feeling too well. While I have no idea about DRSD dials, if there really is a better one and you love that watch, I would upgrade and make it as gen like as possible, otherwise you won't be happy.

If ingod is MIA

Ingod generally buys a handful of various dials & only posts until he sells that set off. So, eventually, he will be back once he has more dials to sell.

where can I source the BEST dial?

The best dial I have seen is the 1 in my watch (I later had it relumed), which came from an unknown ebay seller a few years ago. I do not recall his ebay name & have not seen him since then

1665aug110142__-2_tonemapped1.jpg

the NDT dial is not sooo bad ;)

but carful with the CGs and lugholes - if you drill them more they will be too huge -

also the CGs where already at diet - esp on the back is already too much material gone.

cheers,

Frank

My girlfriend said it looks the same! I'm like, "hello" it's a whole new look!

I had not noticed the lug holes! Good eye.

I just picked up a gen insert and will wait to put it on until I decide where to go with this project.

Can I ask why you don't favor NDT dials?

Because of the narrow 6 and 9 Markers and the Red Font!