When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1665 Great White

woof*

First off I gotta thank Jmb for putting this together and redoing it all over again for me.

That had to be frustrating..lol He had to essentially build this watch two times :)

Second I thank all the members of this forum for the help and knowledge freely passed around here... RWG is the best!

I wore the watch all week at work so there are lot's of tiny scratches.

A very long time ago I ordered Josh's 98$ 5513 like everyone else and bought parts and played with it. Along with that order I also bought josh's 98$ 1665 and started collecting parts to build. I bought an Ingod white dial and gen T39 for it along gen crown and sent it off to Jmb. He built it and returned it to me and it was fine..but the case just looked wrong and I never wore it. I started looking around for an old school original MBW 1665 case. I was always too late when I saw one.. and had about givin up until one day I found a member here willing to sell me his modded case set. He had already done the CG's, lugholes and done some work on the Hev. I had a semi dead eta 2846 in a sub case..so after the MBW arrived I sent the whole mess back to Jmb to swap it all out with new movement to the MBW case. Jmb put the whole mess together with better hands and this is the result.

So this is what we have now.

MBW 1665 case set with lugholes, CG's, caseback and Hev mods

Eta 2846

Ingod white 1665 dial

Jmb's hands/lume and date wheel

Gen 703 crown, clark tube

Gen T39 service crystal

Gen lumi insert

The best bracelet I had laying around in the box that was free

Couple of things need to be addressed, the date is a little off to the left, and I want a more aged pearl installed.

Easy fixes, and I gotta say this is the best watch I own! In person it looks and feels gen to me..none of my other watches feel this close.

Im searching for a gen bracelet for it.

Again..Iphone pics for now.

9ac1c2bc.jpg

31528482.jpg

a7f23ed9.jpg

3373c869.jpg

390a80c5.jpg

5194523b.jpg

R, you always let me build neat stuff! The only correction I would offer is that the DW overlay is from the cartel or whatever the other watch was.. The sharpest thing about this combo that struck me was how crisp the dial is!

woof this just made pull the trigger on the a mbw 1665! :) thanks pal. we just missed some good deals on 93150's on the gen forum. one was going for 550 and 600

Your welcome! :)

Dr B sold a pair of bracelets for 1000$ that were mint a few months ago but I couldn't afford the whole thing and couldn't find anyone to split em with :(

sweeeeet!

what bracelet ya got on there now?

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

High, it's just the bracelet that came on my 98$ josh 1665. It doesn't look bad at all unless your scrutinizing it up close.

In fact, these macro pictures of the whole watch make it look worse than it is in person...and that makes me wonder how incredible some of the watches on here really are! :)