When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1:1 SD 16600 - Has anyone received one as shown in QC pics yet!

watcher

I have taken the plunge on this watch as I have some gen parts on hand such as a crystal(may or may not fit), gen insert and gen crown and I received some nice looking QC pics from Joshua yesterday.

I asked him for the updated model and to choose one with good CG's which he looks to have done. The crown also looks smaller and more gen like in the pics but we shall see when it arrives next week. I will do a full teardown of the watch. I have owned 3 gen 16600's so know what to look for.

I'm not going to show the QC pics here but rather wait until it is here in the flesh.

Has anyone received this update yet??!!!

I have 2 of them, one from Toro (superlumed new model) and one from PC that was supposed to be the "improved" version.....They are both the exact same watch with HORRIBLE rehaut! I don't think there is an improved version? I looked at the latest QC pics posted on PC and my watch is that exact same watch, the way they held the watch during the QC pics just hides the awful rehaut. I held my watch up to the monitor in the same position/angles of their QC pics and it looks the same. I'm 99% sure I have the same watch as in their updated QC pics, the watch is nearly as good as my SSD V2 in every aspect exept that horrible wokky rehaut!

I would love to see your QC pics by PM if you don't want post them here. I will send you pics of my two also....

Like I said, I've already taken a hit for the team........TWICE! And neither are very good, well the rehaut is really bad but the case (other than the rehaut), dial, hands, caseback, etc. are pretty good. I'd say almost as good as the SSD of old..

I can send you several pics of them both if you would like to see.

After all these years and the obvious ability of the china watch makers to make super reps why can't they get this right? There Should be no reason to have a wokky rehaut or even wrong CG's.

This has been said for years now, with the quality of some models of Rolex being so good and all the EXCELLENT Panerai models and Omega PO's WTF??

Why the hell can't they get just one Sub or Sea Dweller correct?? I personally think they do it on purpose. If they come out with "new and improved versions" every few months such as, V1 V2 V3 etc. etc. they sell alot more watches that way.... Good business if you're a Chinese rep maker.... F---er's.....

Agreed E, they discontinued one of the BEST models they ever made for that BEHEMOTH of a Deep Sea! Don't get me wrong I love the looks of the DSSD but it's too top heavy with that skinny, overtapered bracelet. The 40+/- mm size of the SD was perfect, and for those of us who don't like the cyclops---even better.