When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 005 Noob vs. OP factory

16520b

Fit and finish: you can't beat the gen on this, you simply have to have it in your hand to feel it.

Dial: the Noob double AR makes it easier to capture the dial, it appears darker on photo, the outer AR does scratch easy.

Lume: lume on the gen are flush with the dial, Noob lume has a slight sausage effect.

Caseback: font is a little thinner on the Noob

CG: see for yourself

Conclusion: 111 maybe a better choice if you want something closer to the gen, the sandwich dial shows less flaws

P1020407.jpg

P1020408.jpg

P1020409.jpg

P1020410.jpg

P1020412.jpg

P1020416.jpg

P1020417.jpg

P1020418.jpg

P1020419.jpg

P1020420.jpg

P1020421.jpg

P1020422.jpg

P1020423.jpg

It's great to see a nice comparison like that. That lume difference is a bummer. Gen looks awesome, you cannot beat it, but it bites that the prices are so insane for a piece with cheap movt. and I don't care how much they decorate it. Different story if you go for a model with in-house movt.

The gen dial almost looks like a sandwich dial which is filled with lume

Or this this a stupid remark

Carpe Diem

Cats

Well, we're both stoopid then ;)

I thought the 111 was sandwich too.

As for Panerai, I like them, but thought them overpriced. And, too large for my bone of a wrist (6.75").

But, for some reason, thinking of getting one. So, ordered my first rep PAM177 H Factory to see how it goes.

Hope it looks as good as the 111 reps here. Which, I also prefer over the genuine pics shown here.

So, long way to ask; 111 sandwiched?

Thanks...

111 is sandwich, old models were not. I cannot remember at what series they started sandwitch dials.

177 is a really nice choice, the current H fact is great. They are much lighter and therefore more comfortable to wear. They do work well on 6" wrists and up, it also depends on the shape of your wrist. But although big at 44mm the design works well on 6" wrists unlike many other watches.

Well, we're both stoopid then ;)

I thought the 111 was sandwich too.

As for Panerai, I like them, but thought them overpriced. And, too large for my bone of a wrist (6.75").

But, for some reason, thinking of getting one. So, ordered my first rep PAM177 H Factory to see how it goes.

Hope it looks as good as the 111 reps here. Which, I also prefer over the genuine pics shown here.

So, long way to ask; 111 sandwiched?

Thanks...

hahaha sorry you guys can ignore me if you want

I knew I shouldn't have picked up a gen to compare with, now I can't stand looking at the lume on my Noob, here is a pic I just took of my gen dial, the lume is almost like a sandwich in a different way.

P1020502.jpg

Edited by 16520b

Great, good time to start looking for cool strap for it, a nice high quality strap is going to make a HUGE difference. My wrist is exactly 6" so I get custom made 110/65 but for your 6.75" that would be too small. I found that lighter brown or even a bit darker brown works really well with Titanium.

I'm thinking of having a new one made: http://gunnystraps.blogspot.com/ looks like bunch of killer choices.

lfovco, thank you. I'll post a pic or two on the 177 thread Vandal recently started (hope he doesn't mind). But it was his thread that hooked me, afterall ;)