When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1575 GMT hand size ..?

polexpete

Thanks Ronin,

trying to determin if i can fit a gen spec hand on my 2893 movement. Seems the only person who sells aftermarket Rolex style GMT hands for this movement is wholesaleoutlet (Mr Slimeball) so trying to find an alternative ...

Cheers

P.

Like I said before I have one of those movement and the 1575 hand fits, you need to raise the post, easy mod you can find the parts in cousins

Like I said before I have one of those movement and the 1575 hand fits, you need to raise the post, easy mod you can find the parts in cousins

Thanks cib0orman, i got the parts from Cousins already and just ordered a GMT handset from Clarks ..

Cheers

Peter

Can you share what parts were needed from Cousins to raise the post?

Sure thing .... www.cousinsuk.com type in ETA289322558H204 for the hour wheel and ETA28932251H119 for the 24 hour (GMT) wheel. These are the tallest posts

Pics:

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

As you can see using this movement you have a sunken datewheel because of the GMT gear so not sure if i gonna go with this option.

Cheers

P.

Thanks for the PNs.

Ouch, that sunken DW looks like a show stopper. How do GENs using this movement get around that, or is it because of the overlay?

Hey Ronin, anytime mate ...

Yeah its the overlay which get in the way, no problem for the normal datewheel. I have noticed though there is alot of room under that gear so a thicker overlay can be used to raise it a bit more. I tried two overlays sandwiched together and they cleared it no problem. Might have to work something out with JMB using his decals.

Cheers

P.