When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nautilus or Royal Oak?

gasebah

Hi,

I am a German and a watch fan for many years, often traveled to China or Taiwan in my earlier days so I always was aware of the replica business. Only recently though I learned what fantastic replica quality is available today. So far I made all my purchases from Joshua and I have not been disappointed. I am currently waiting for a steel Daytona, but Iam already thinking about the next watch. It is never wrong to plan ahead. :-)

I want a real classic this time and I am torn between the Nautilus and the Royal Oak, both with the blue dial and in steel.I have a very slim wrist for a man so size is not of any concern. They will fit me just fine. But which one is betrter in terms of quality of replication? And which one looks mor refined?

Any thoughts?

Rgds,

Alex

they're both good reps (the ultimate jumbo and the ultimate nautilus), they are both one of THE classic gerald gent designs and price wise as far as I understand they are similar.

So, whichever you choose, it's gonna be a good choice ;)

I personally prefer the Royal Oak just a little bit, but I like the Nautilus as well.

Gruß, Tim

The Royal Oak is not a great rep, just a good one. It's not as accurate as the Royal Oak offshore Models. The Nautilus is a better rep in my opinion, but I wouldn't get the blue dial as I think the shade of blue is a bit off. I would consider getting a Black Nautilus Ultimate Version from Josh, they are really accurate. The biggest tell is the movement through the back glass, if you don't take it off you should be fine.

http://www.1-pc8838.com/pp00003s-nautilis-jumbo-ssss-black-swiss-p-9835.html

As far as I know there is no gen SS black Nautilus. There was a grey one in WG (only on a leather strap) for a short period, but it has been discontinued. If you like it I wouldn't care. Very few "normal" people will know what dial colors have existed so far and those who do will either immediately be able to tell it's a rep (first thing I would want to see on a PP in the wild is the movement behind see-through caseback) or feel extremely lucky that they have finally have spotted one.

Personally I like AP's Royal Oak design better. The bezel and tapisserie makes it far more interesting and sophisticated looking imo.

As far as I know there is no gen SS black Nautilus.

True genuine with black and grey dial only comes in white gold as far as I know (current gold versions are on leather strap and older genuines with white gold bracelet). BLUE = all SS.

I'm pretty sure there is a black dial. but maybe the black is grey or vise versa?

This a great read as well: http://www.rwg.cc/topic/75576-a-tale-of-two-nautilus/

Personally I wouldn't worry about the strap or the bracelet. I'm pretty sure that if you'd buy a gen black/grey, Patek would hook you with a bracelet if you really wanted it, right ;)

Thx for all the helpful comments. The SS Nautilus with the blue dial it will be. But for now I am still waiting for my steel daytona with racing dial and brown leather strap. Have to find a nice real croc strap for it. But I cannot go with the regular size I am afraid. It has to be shorter for my wrist. Any help here? Otherwise I will just post it in the Rolex section.

-Alex

I am a huge fan of both these watches. I am a Genta fan, that is for sure.

I own the original MBW/MBK with black dial, and feel as though it is the best rep ever offered.

The current APRO jumbo offered is VERY nice, but I feel as though it lacks the buttery feel of the PP

bracelet. For that reason alone I say go with the black dial Nautilus. As nice a wrist watch ever made...gen or rep.

Hey guys,

Im facing the same dilemma, looking at the black dial AP and grey/black dial PP. I would like some feedback from the owners of these watches, preferably ppl who have both the new nautilus with the selita movement, and the new Jumbo APRO. From the reviews and pictures I've seem of the AP, there seems to some issues with how well the bracelet fits the case. The link that connect to the case tend to be uneven. I was wondering wherther this is still an issue, or was just a random batch, or just something I did not see appropriately. How does the quality of the bracelet compare in both these watches, the finish, wieght and "gen feeling". I've heard that the bezel on the RO is not as crisp as one would like, while the PP looks more impressive. In general my impression has been that the PP is a better executed watch. However I have never heald any of them in my hand and can't really compare. Any feedback from people who saw both of them would be amazing.

Thx

Not sure why grey dial PP is even an option since it is not a model PP makes with SS bracelet and when you search for it on google all results are reps.

Blue dial looks pretty good to me and it's a model currently made by PP. Any comments about hue of the blue color being off should be disregarded cause you are looking at the photos on screens that are not color calibrated and pictures that were shot in various lighting conditions.

You should read Gran's awesome review here: http://www.rwg.cc/to...-nautilus-5711/

PP is a better executed rep then AP. But in the end it is a personal preference, which watch do you like better is more important. I think PP beats the hell our of AP on every single level, but some people may like AP better, it's a matter of taste.

Edited by lfovco