When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai miracle on RWG?

gran

The miracle is no other that Dr.Gran will buy his very first Panerai :)

I have been steadfast against buying a Panerai since my early days on RWG back in 2003!!! or so

Not my style until now..I now bend to the pressure and will buy one (after 9 years of reluctance) B)

Problem now is the model to buy.....

My criteria are:

Strap: SS or rubber

Complications: Yes it must have at least one "subdial" and it can be a GMT or powerreserve or even a Chronographe

My favorites so far: 1. Pam 088I GMT SS/RU Black A-7750

and 2. the Pam 162-F Chrono SS/SS Black/Grey Asian 7753

088I

_4286074-2.jpg

162F (rep has silvery subdials??)

PAM162F-18a.jpg

Advice or warnings on these and related watches is highly recommended

Dr.Gran :notworthy:

Edited by Gran

Gran has seen the light....088 FTW.

Light... did you mean lume :pimp:

The suggested PAM 241...Edit: oops it was the 222 above by wat44...anyhow the lume is great on this 241 too ;)

268317996_uTA5f-L.jpg

crazy many numers for PAMs--its a jungle

Edited by Gran

they're both awesome watches!

I'd go for the chrono though ...

I like it too :1a: but is there really a great replica of it? ive seen one but subdials seems more silvery than the genuine one depicted above...any rep PAM162-F owners here?

I'm no expert but the 088I Gmt is bloody gorgeous Gran :inverted:

Yes its a good one sgtguk :clap2:

Like the 088 and prefer the 236 k, wich in my opinion is closer to the Gen.

236 K looks very good too.... :)Pam 236 Luminor Daylight Chrono 44mm - 'K' Series

Pam236-1.jpg

And as you go out and get your first Panerai, I will get Patek Nautilus, thanks to your original review :)

I personally think that 088 is a best looking PAM that has any type of subdials. I know someone who has a Gen and that piece is just beautiful.

The rep is pretty nice with an exception of the shape of the tip of the lever that really does not match the gen.

029M N-Maker is really nice and very accurate to the Gen, you cannot really pick on this one. it does not have a subdial but it has a date and GMT hand

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=8949 It does not look as sexy as 088 but it is pretty nice and probably the most accurate non-base Panerai rep you can buy.

236K is an older rep, back from 2010 I'm not sure if it was updated, the crown guard lever is going to be pretty crappy on this one too, it sticks out way too far from the case and the shape is weird. They are usually not flushed well with the outer edge of the crown guard. - http://imgur.com/a/FDRQJ

If I'm correct the Chrono models haven't been really updated as much since there is not much interest in those in general.

If I were you I would only stick to latest releases.

I would hope to see an update to 088 with the ever fixed to look like Gen or even like the 029. Compare that lever tip on the 088 Rep to Gen pics and see how much it will bother you, the fact that it "slopes" too much, it is not as round as it should be.

I know you don't want base but it's worth pointing out that 390 rep just looks amazing in person and it may just be the closest to the Gen Panerai rep ever made.

Compare that lever tip on the 088 Rep to Gen pics and see how much it will bother you, the fact that it "slopes" too much, it is not as round as it should be.

I just want a great looking and reasonably accurate watch :) Since its my first PANERAI I think the lever difference is something I can live with (maybe it can even be moded if needed?)

Thank Guys :1a:

Here is some QC pictures of my replica. I have painted the numbers so not to get replicated ;)

I guess not much probelms to tell from these? How bad is the lever???

granqc88.jpg

I think the lever looks good.... Just a hair recessed (Nothing wrong with that) better than sticking way out... Very gen like...

I know nothing about these PAMs yet :2: ....ill just hope and pray this si the best there is available :innocent: