When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Man finds £21,000 Rolex and then another the following day.

freeflow

He's a blokewhos works for a waste company whos finds a £21,000 Gold Rolex and hands it in tio the Police, he then finds another Rolex the following day and does the same, hands it to the bobbies again.

What would you do!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101311/The-honest-man-Britain-Contractor-hands-21-000-Rolex-police-finding-drain.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

On the local news yesterday, at Ft. Lauderdale International Airport, a solid gold ladies Rolex was left behind at the Customs check in line and picked up by the guy behind her from the plastic xray bin. He then disappeared without boarding his plane. I believe it was valued at around $15000.

The chances of him geting away with it are slim and none since they have pictures of him and have the passenger manifests for all the flights that were leaving.

I'm not sure I'd trust the system of handing them into the police, but given the need to sell them would create a papertrail, I guess better to do that than getting charged with theft by finding... As the track says "Fuck the poe lease!" :bangin:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I would slap it on my wrist, everyone would think it was a fake, we would laugh about a pimp watch like that. Then i would sell it and buy me and my famely a trip around the world and on that trip i would buy a nicer rolex :D that is what i would do!!!

The chances of him geting away with it are slim and none since they have pictures of him and have the passenger manifests for all the flights that were leaving.

I read this story, too. Disappointing that they weren't able to catch the guy, in spite of the video evidence and in spite of the incident being immediately reported.

Now, I may be pilloried for making such a controversial and incendiary remark, but... For all the hassle it puts travelers through, sometimes I don't think the TSA is all that useful!

There, I said it.

I read this story, too. Disappointing that they weren't able to catch the guy, in spite of the video evidence and in spite of the incident being immediately reported.

Now, I may be pilloried for making such a controversial and incendiary remark, but... For all the hassle it puts travelers through, sometimes I don't think the TSA is all that useful!

There, I said it.

+1

The TSA is a joke. It's a front to make the public feel secure. Anyone can get a bomb or a gun on a plane, TSA or no TSA.

Hmmm, interesting, bit of a coincidence they all ending up in same drain or adjacent drain.... seems like a burglary from a house or private collection gone wrong and dumped quickly or dumped for collection later? Still odd though, rolexs and other 'unbranded' watches just don't fall down drains.....well not in those numbers, and all at the same time!

Anyone from any of the uk gen forums tearing their hair out in distress? :D

Three of the four finds by Mr Arron Large are replicas (and not very good ones!). Just saw a report of this on BBC weekend news and they had a crew interviewing the street cleaner and the chief of the police force he handed them in to who happened to have three of the watches in question to show the camera.

Apologies for the poor quality shot as it's a freeze frame of my PVR taken with a camera (and I wasn't even viewing the channel in HD at the time - doh!)

BBCfakes.jpg

BBCfake2.jpg

It should be pretty obvious what is wrong with the Franck Muller and the Seanaster!! Not so obvious from the picture what's up with the Daytona but I could see it was a fake chrono with fixed subdials (they were practically flat against the dial) and you should be able to mke out that the strap has lost most of its gold plating and is a different colour to the case!!

What also alerted me was that he found them wrapped in the same perfectly sized handy polythene bags that our trusted dealers use to ship out their wares!

Here's a pic that claims to be the first of the four finds - not so sure what is 'wrong' with it but I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will tell us :D

_58492030_rolex_compressed.jpg

Edited by r11co