When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

El's Pam 2500!

leitztozeiss

Guys, any thoughts on the watch details, such as the markers that extend between the 12 and 3 o'clock position? They appear really uneven in some photos, and not so much in other photos in EL's album. Also, they appear a bit uneven in the gen also?? Maybe it's nothing, but I can't get past it . . .

I second TineT´s words......it is for the 5min. marker....just for underwater, dark and with bad light...you´ll see them better.

I for myself pulled the trigger 10 minutes after EL´s mail.....I waited 0.5 years on that modell and I don´t care that it is stainless steel......they will NEVER EVER do a Titanium version!

Hopefully the watch will hit my doorsteps end this week or early next one, will keep you posted.

Theo

BTW: ... the back enraving says stainless steel, better than Titanium and 220gramms in weight :D

wow...i've been waiting for this one for a long time....i just love it..big&heavy...i'll wait a little bit before pulling the trigger on this one...to see the reviews of you guys...

what do you think, will we ever see this one in titanium or not?

what do you think, will we ever see this one in titanium or not?

I think it depends on the sales.. If it sells a lot they maybe consider it, because people who bought it in the first place they will definately want to get the new version + new customers.

I will take that bet. I am not holding my breath for titanium. And yes if the original rep is good and they make a titanium I would guess a fair number of folks would buy the titanium one as well. I am very curious to see the bezel as Eddie says it is superior to the 187 60 clicker. The lack of 60 clicks in most subs is one of my pet peeves. I am also curious to see the date mag knowing that there may well be a solution to the date font issue shortly.:)

I am also still trying to figure out whether the dial is the correct size as there is an inner bezel ring in the rep (similar to 187) but there doesn't appear to be one in the gen but I won't know it until I see it in the flesh.

143473-16310.jpg

Finally, I am wondering whether the ar coated crystal from my defunct 87 will fit in. :)

I've been waiting for this one for a while, but only in titanium. I prefer titanium as there is no allergic reaction to them so I can wear it in the summer :black_eye:

>>>they will NEVER EVER do a Titanium version!

<<<

Why do you think that?

They make fakes of almost every other titanium model IN TITANIUM. In other words using titanium is a common practice for fakes and it is even more common to hve the first gen of a fake be in the wrong material or have other MAJOR issues.

My guess is that we will see a more accurate titanium model within 3 months.

I am not as optimistic as you. As it is they are using the 187 case (absent the date set button) and inner bezel system which is accurate for the 187 but not the 194 on this rep. Have you ever noticed that a number of the titanum reps are discontinued shortly after initial production (IWC GST Chrono, Breitling Chrono Avenger, etc.). the one notable exception I have seen is the PAM 36. I do hope you are right though as that would probably lead to a pair of proper Slytechs as well. :)

That silver ring visible under the crystal is a mirrorred ring that is stuck to the underside of it - it could be removed but that might damage the AR coating (if there is one). Also the dial markers have a grey surround but they should be black and the markers at 8 + 10 should be shorter like the PAM87 - dammit - so close and yet, as always, so far!!!

also wait the new 187 with 7753 in it

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just do what I do, get both :) I'm getting the 194 now, and the 187 whenever it's available. But only if the 7753 187 has a genuine sapphire crystal, otherwise it's a no-go. Lack of genuine Sapphire crystal is "the" major flaw that most reps have. Mineral crystal just does not quite "look right", and sapphire crystal (in real life), goes a long way to making a rep believable. It's a pretty big part of that "aura" that gives a watch real presence on the wrist. And the 194 has real sapphire, eddie assured me when I ordered mine earlier today :D