When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Submariner Review (V2 bracelet, gen insert)

coolchu001

Looks really good to me.

How about installing the gen Insert?

Was it a straight fit?

It looks like it must grind on the upper side to sit recessed on the bezel.

By the way the bezel looks like the TW and WM9.

The gen insert takes quite a bit of force to snap in. I followed these instructions:

http://www.vikbobil.se/bezel.html

Instead of a table, I used a die from a crystal press.

its sure the same fabric that did the WM9s or TWs - i don't understand why no other dealer offers them ?

i find TCs prices too high vs the absence of communication ;) - at least the prices i got (600 for the parts) - sadly Prec Time is not around any more - he sold the watches as PT Supreme for around 350 Euro?

cheers,

Frank

I believe if you buy the complete watch, TC will give you a final price. Mine was $500 shipped in the US.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe if you buy the complete watch, TC will give you a final price. Mine was $500 shipped in the US.

okay . $500 shipped sounds fair - lets wait a few weeks if communication gets better :)

its sure the same fabric that did the WM9s or TWs - i don't understand why no other dealer offers them ?

i find TCs prices too high vs the absence of communication - at least the prices i got (600 for the parts) - sadly Prec Time is not around any more - he sold the watches as PT Supreme for around 350 Euro?

cheers,

Frank

Where has Prec Time gone? His website is still up and running with the Supreme still listed

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I just got comfirmation from TC, when he changed my order from the M-case to the V-case he also changed the movement from small eta to the 2824 eta.. So i dont know if thats good or bad. I use to have some mw9 v2 watches with the small eta and the movement was always top noch i loved that movement!

I just got comfirmation from TC, when he changed my order from the M-case to the V-case he also changed the movement from small eta to the 2824 eta.. So i dont know if thats good or bad. I use to have some mw9 v2 watches with the small eta and the movement was always top noch i loved that movement!

Good thing you got that sorted out :)

Got a V Series as well, but with shaved rehaut engraving.

Excessive email and PMs will demoralize and kill a small shop, but fanboys will never learn. :pardon:

Yes, unless TC is really a dealer (or plans on becoming one) this is a sure-fire way for folks to totally burn him out! After a few months he may never want to even hear the word "rep" for the rest of his life!! :whistling:

Yes, unless TC is really a dealer (or plans on becoming one) this is a sure-fire way for folks to totally burn him out! After a few months he may never want to even hear the word "rep" for the rest of his life!! :whistling:

hah! im sure he's already growing sick of the attention and answering endless pms

Well this is a great review, its inspired me to put my franken UPO on hold a little while now.

Instead ive sourced a gen crystal and bezel insert and am patiently awaiting a reply from TC!

Does TC provide a gasket that will accept gen crystal or should i get one from cousins to be sure.

Best regards

Matt

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Mine came today :)

Ooohh booooy what a sub!!! Its amazing qualety, feels gen :) im very very happy with it :D

Full review this weekend!!!

Mine has serie nr : V689053

And to all that wonders "who has the best sub"

I have to say TC does!!!

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Looking forward to those pics!

Any mods?

There in NO need to mod this watch! Onely think i will change in the future is a new insert with better pearl!

For example the crown gards dont need any work, crown + tube are the best rep ones i have ever hade on a watch so smoth (realy a gen feel), bracelet is very good and the claps is amazing i thought it was gen at first!

Hole watch is amazing! Much better then the wm9 v2 im used to.

Mine came today

Ooohh booooy what a sub!!! Its amazing qualety, feels gen im very very happy with it

Full review this weekend!!!

Mine has serie nr : V689053

And to all that wonders "who has the best sub"

I have to say TC does!!!

Congrats!! Cant wait for my to Arrive

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...