When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

nwolf1716

I know for a fact Joshua has some great looking POs. Just ask for another one.

I just got an email back from Josh saying that the watch is fine and nothing is wrong with the bezel and he wanted to proceed. I told him again that the bezel was misaligned and it wasn't just because of the angle of the picture and that the pearl was off center as well, and that I would appreciate a new one. Hopefully he will oblige and send me a new QC.

yeah, I'm sort of on the side of it's fine here, although can't be sure without more and better pics. These bezels on PO can make the numbers look off or with a slight skew to them depending on how the watch is photographed, lighting, reflections and the curvature of the bezel itself can throw it...etc sometimes they are perfectly straight but it can give the illusion of being 'off' ...the (in)famous '20' on the gen stock omega pics is a prime example!

With the pearl, then that's upto yourself if you want to reject because of it...bare in mind all 45mm pearls are [censored], and worse even than 42mm pearls...none of them are centred, all are in the bottom portion of the triangle, the best you can hope for is that it is at least central in the bottom portion of the triangle, yours looks ever so slightly to the right, but again the photos aren't helping, ask for more straight on photos and not ridiculous angles like the ones you received. My 2c anyway!

Do the 20 and 30 look off...sure they do, but they aren't!

2008-omega-seamaster-planet-ocean_1.jpg

Same here look at that 20....bent as fcuk...not really :D

22015000-30.jpg

Is it me or are Qc pics at times becoming more 'careless' with lots of dealers on all fora lately? They are going to the bother of photographing the watch but they can't get a straight on or lined up shot on anything any more? The 3rd pic on the OP's list has the crown pointing east south east, ...would it be too hard for them to straigten it up a little? Also worse is the 2nd and 4th pic,

I've no problem with the positioning of the watch here, but why is the camera about 2 inches above the height of the watch, would it not be too difficult for them to take these shots with the centre of the watch levelled with the camera lense? I know they criticise us for nitpicking at times but sometimes is there any reason why we wouldn't go back looking for better or more pics when presented with a set of pics at every odd angle except straight on?

Right, I'll stop talking to myself then! :D

yeah, I'm sort of on the side of it's fine here, although can't be sure without more and better pics. These bezels on PO can make the numbers look off or with a slight skew to them depending on how the watch is photographed, lighting, reflections and the curvature of the bezel itself can throw it...etc sometimes they are perfectly straight but it can give the illusion of being 'off' ...the (in)famous '20' on the gen stock omega pics is a prime example!

With the pearl, then that's upto yourself if you want to reject because of it...bare in mind all 45mm pearls are [censored], and worse even than 42mm pearls...none of them are centred, all are in the bottom portion of the triangle, the best you can hope for is that it is at least central in the bottom portion of the triangle, yours looks ever so slightly to the right, but again the photos aren't helping, ask for more straight on photos and not ridiculous angles like the ones you received. My 2c anyway!

That is weird how they look a bit off in the stock photo, but it seems they are way off in my QC pics, even with the markers at 10 and 15 too. The Bezel Im not to worried about since it seems like they are never that good in the first place. I wouldn't reject on the pearl alone but that culminating with the bezel is why i asked for a new one!

Yep that's another odd looking photo, the rubber strap here won't let the watch 'sit' straight on, and they've done their best to take the photo angled rather than straight on....so again it is skewed, I'd forgive them on that one tho as the shipping shots arent really for QC, more just to prove the numbered watch and address it is going to match up. Hard to know for sure, you'd need front shots fairly straight on to know for certain. If you aren't happy then fully press him for another watch, he'll give you one.

In general, I do wish they'd sort out the odd angled photos though...we are not looking for studio quality pics, just a reference point we can judge things correctly!

Yep that's another odd looking photo, the rubber strap here won't let the watch 'sit' straight on, and they've done their best to take the photo angled rather than straight on....so again it is skewed, I'd forgive them on that one tho as the shipping shots arent really for QC, more just to prove the numbered watch and address it is going to match up. Hard to know for sure, you'd need front shots fairly straight on to know for certain. If you aren't happy then fully press him for another watch, he'll give you one.

In general, I do wish they'd sort out the odd angled photos though...we are not looking for studio quality pics, just a reference point we can judge things correctly!

I never thought judging the QC pics would be so hard, usually they all look fine to me, this is the first time i have rejected one, but i just got a reply back from Josh saying he will arrange another one! Hopefully that one will have better angles used!

Actually it's not that hard. Good watch is good, this one is not so good. end of story.

Usually Josh gets some pretty nice watches (and QC pics). He will get you a new one and he will pay attention this time. Simple as that.

Josh is my regular dealer, he has some hiccups here and there, but only due to the vast volumes he moves.

On the other hand his customer service is top notch, so I'd bet my own PO on you getting the right watch next time around.

Good luck, man

I agree Ade, he should just ask for a new one, I didn't mean to put a newb off just as he was about to start. But I do think the same thing is relevant to all of us...I wasn't having a go at josh here, he is my main dealer aswell, this is a problem with a lot of dealers at times, especially lately. I may have taken things a little off topic for a first time buyer and maybe it deserves a thread of it's own but I do think it's relevant when we (all of us) receive pics like above, and we mention a potential problem(which the op did)....only to be told the watch is fine, implying.... "you just cant see it from the pics" :D .....It brings to mind the question....'well what the f are qc pics for in the first place then?' :)

Just say a dealer comes back with a new watch with qc just as bad as the first lot....where do things stand then? They need to tidy up their act a little methinks!

As far as I can see, one pic like this below reveals more about a watch in terms of QC to me than the last 3 of Joshes pics above:

t6wcg6.jpg

Sorry for the rant, normal service resumed, I'm sure you'll be sorted out when you receive the next watch nwolf, he will pay attention next time!

Couldn't agree with you more, Cougar. That "you can't see it from the pics" just pisses me off. The dealers should get their act together on the whole QC issue. Either show good images or don't show them at all. Showing good images helps them sell faster, end of story. The op's watch may as well be a great one (it isn't, but let's assume that for the sake of the argument), but by sending bad images Josh could as well [censored] up the deal. No one is happy in this situation - the buyer is [censored] and tends not to trust the dealer and the dealer fails to make a deal.

QC pics are good for their business, good QC pics are great for their business, they need to understand that.

The above image is exactly what I expect to get as QC image. Not these odd "artistic" imagery. And for the love of god - get a decent camera!

end_rant();

Absolutely, it just saves a lot of hassle to do it semi right the first time! Yep they can leave the artistic images for the owners when they receive the watch. :D

The bee in my bonnet is that I had a very similar issue to the one above with a completely different dealer, not even on this forum (but trusted highly elsewhere) about a year ago.

Same sort of thing, this issue was crooked markers at 12 and 6. Poor skewed, badly angled, pics but the watch looked great....only I couldn't see these markers dead on. Anyway it went..

me: "These markers are off I want some straight pics"

dealer: "No watch is fine, markers straight"

me: "No they are not, can I get another picture or two from the front"

dealer: "Here's another photo" (Just to add pic was as bad as the others, couldn't tell anything!)

me: I still can't see from that photo, can I get another watch?

dealer: we don't have more in stock atm, can you wait 3 more weeks.

me: No just send me the watch, I'll fix the crooked markers myself.

dealer: ok, markers not crooked!

10 days later watch arrives, markers crooked as I expected...no big deal I just popped the movement, hands dial and refixed them, but I wouldn't have liked to have done that as a first off purchase. Needless to say I won't be dealing with that particular dealer again, mainly because of the honesty issue.

Anyway on a completely side note but similar, these are qc pics I saw today on another forum from another dealer to someone else:

img0515g.jpg

Can you see what's wrong with it? :D are they so overworked they are sleepwalking around at times? :D

Anyway sorry for the hijack OP, Pay no attention to our side rant! It happens from time to time but generally all is good!

^^^LOL - looks great to me... Is there something wrong with the strap leather?

Seriously though, I secretly feel that the dealers need to be reminded from time to time that we are the reason they have a business at all. We are not an annoying side effect of it, we are it.

Without these fora they'd make a better living in running a so called "hair salon" on Beilin street in Xian.

Anyway, having said that I have no doubt in my mind that Joshua will settle this issue. He isn't one of best 2-3 dealers in the reps universe for nothing.

Edited by Adeodatus

Lol, it took me a bit of time to notice aswell...I think we are looking at watches so much at times we can't 'see the wood for the trees'. Anyway have a look at the movement in the top left hand corner-ish...see the blue screw :D!

I agree with you Ade, Josh and Andrew are great dealers, nwolf will be be sorted out sure enough!