When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What size drill bit (mm or inches) to drill the lugs?

GarrettP1

We had a discussion here about it! I can guarantee, you can NOT push a 1,2mm drill into a gen lughole! I tested it a several times!!! So it is definitly smaller than 1,2mm! Don't ruin your case...

But 1,2mm is OK, it's not visible. Lugholes drilled with 1,3mm you can spot easy (even with a nacked eye), because the springbar has not tide fitting!

We had a discussion here about it! I can guarantee, you can NOT push a 1,2mm drill into a gen lughole! I tested it a several times!!! So it is definitly smaller than 1,2mm! Don't ruin your case...

But 1,2mm is OK, it's not visible. Lugholes drilled with 1,3mm you can spot easy (even with a nacked eye), because the springbar has not tide fitting!

Below in the attached photo is my 1978 gen sub with a bit of 1'2mm steel stuck through the lugs and it is loose. In fact a 1.3mm drill bit fits in but is very tight.

If you look at my comparison post between the rep and gen you will see there is almost not visible difference between the gen and the rep in terms of lug hole size on a vintage worn watch and a rep that is supposed to be a vintage watch, they may well have been 1.2 or less when new but they are not new any more

To save you the time i will repost a photo here

DSCF2639.jpg

gen is on top by the way

post-1258-133044799676.jpg