When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fitting gen pearl into gen 16610 insert

the_rymeister

Hi guys I'm looking at buying a gen insert for my new tc 16610 sub as I broke my recently bought gen insert trying to fit it. :(

To try reduce the cost I'm looking at buying an insert without a pearl as I can't really afford another £100 for another insert and was wondering if anyone has fitted a pearl into the insert.

I'm guessing they just push is there a risk of losing the pearl or it falling out?

Any advise would be great.

And yes I'm not going to be installing my new insert if I manage to get one. I will pay someone else to fit it :)

Cheers

Ryan

I bought a genuine pearl in ebay and mounted it in an WM9 insert but had to use a small round file to make the hole big enogh to fit the genuine pearl.

And You can not see any difference on my genuines compared to that one:)

Just be very careful so You do not makes the hole to big, just do alittle and then try if the pearls fits. Then clean the surface and then use epoxi glue using a toothpick to apply the glue:)

GL

Pearls are tricky.

Not much of a market for the newer pearls as they don't normally fall out. Normal process is to just replace the entire insert if you lose one. Rarely see them for sale on the real forums.

A tritium one would sell for more. I contacted Steve Mulholland about a pearl for my 16800 when believe it or not, I did actually lose mine. He quoted me $50 for a luminova one or $100 for a tritium one. I found mine the next day and didn't need to get one.

Now the old style pearls are a different story. Typically for those a Luminova is around $100 and a tritium is $200. Just. For. The. Pearl.

BTW, if you ever do decide to go a gen route and get a new insert with pearl, I'll buy your loose one off of you. Just let me know.