When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Monday Wristies

freddy333

Thanks, B! Unfortunately, a minimum range of 20cm means you won't be seeing too many G1X shots on RWG. Spectacular low-light performance, though:

i-xxc56bk-X3.jpg

I might be able to get a similar shot on the G9 with a tripod, but freehand? No way.

Have you thought about getting the fuji x10? The macro mode is stupidly close

This asian oldie just arrived .....finaly a watch so cheap (and with waves) that I dare to use it in the shower ;)

dscf2542r.jpg

img_5357.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Invicta Abyss 2943 Diver. This was my first automatic. Bought it in 2007, not a lot of great things to say about Invictas. Had it services three times before I finally just bought a case back remover and started fiddling with watches myself. I know, won't give me a lot of cred on this forum but I have a submariner rep on the way. My first rep and a build or two planned.

Edited by TheRefinedSon

Have you thought about getting the fuji x10? The macro mode is stupidly close

I thought about getting an X1000 a while back, but decided the money would be better spent on a 6635 Big Logo bracelet. :p

In all seriousness, I'd never looked at an X10 before, though I'm reading a lot about its macro capabilities. I'm more of a Canon guy, and the previous, small-sensor cameras in the G lineup (G7-G12) are also excellent at macro, and able to take shots of subjects that almost touch the lens. The large-sensor G1X is unable to do proper macro shooting for reasons I leave to the more hardcore camera guys. I dare not summarize the threads on dpreview, because it would just confirm that I have no idea what I'm talking about!

I thought about getting an X1000 a while back, but decided the money would be better spent on a 6635 Big Logo bracelet. :p

In all seriousness, I'd never looked at an X10 before, though I'm reading a lot about its macro capabilities. I'm more of a Canon guy, and the previous, small-sensor cameras in the G lineup (G7-G12) are also excellent at macro, and able to take shots of subjects that almost touch the lens. The large-sensor G1X is unable to do proper macro shooting for reasons I leave to the more hardcore camera guys. I dare not summarize the threads on dpreview, because it would just confirm that I have no idea what I'm talking about!

I used to have the G9 like yourself and then upgraded to the x10. The formfactor sold me on the x10! It has almost the same amount of buttons (i love buttons) as the g1x, but the rangefinderesque body got me. X10 is my travel camera and my 5D MKII is my work camera :D

• 1 year later...