When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Moded Noob 6497-2 very close to Gen. post your thoughts

marlin22

Just got a couple of Noob 6497-2 movements from wOlf today and took the time to tweak them up a little. Pretty close to gen. (thanks wOlf)

I'm thinking that maybe the balance wheel looks a little small compared to gen. any thoughts on that? I have a bigger one I could swap out. Also found the dagger regulator to be a bit longer than gen. although it is the same thickness as the swan neck, a huge bonus compared to other asian movements. The only thing left beyond that is the fact it does not have ETA stampings on it, looks very close.

My next project is going to be a Noob/Swiss ETA hybrid with incabloc mod. for my ultimate fiddy.

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

I've don it in the past, but only on 6497 movement. I took my DSN ultimate 1950 with swiss 6497 and changed the balance with rep. because the arms on the swiss don't match the gen. Regulated it and it has been working and keeping time since '09 see below:

Pam-127-Inca-Mod-2.jpg

Pam-127-Inca-Mod.jpg

If you look deep you can see the ETA stamp.

Great job on the beveled Incabloc setting gap! I personally do not think the balance wheel looks too small, the OPXI movement has what looks to me as a similarly sized balance. Any plans to polish the barrel gear bevel or find a longer swans neck regulator screw?

112-movement.jpg

Here is the movement inside my 111M. I changed the high beveled gears with some gears that have a smaller bevel. I have some with even smaller bevels on my swiss movement, but I am saving that for my Fiddy project.

111M.jpg

Thanks for looking and for your feedback....