When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen insert fitment on tc sub, can anyone help in uk!

the_rymeister

Hi guys I have now got my brand new gen insert for my tc sub 11610. Previously I bought a second hand one last month for £100 and snapped it trying to fit it :(

I've been trying to fit it tonight for at least 2hours and my finger tips feel like they are bleeding :(

Before I snap my new one which I've just payed £140 for is there anyone in uk I can send to or bring to in uk! I'm in Surrey . Please anyone if you can help that would be great.

I've tried following tutorials and nothing is working. It feels like it will never fit

Thanks in advance guys I really appreciate it.

Ry

I'm wondering now Ry if your TC sub has a smaller bezel ring than others, it takes some pressure but not 2 hrs worth! I feel for you. I'd do it for you but I'd feel terrible if I broke anything. May be worth buying a new bezel from TC and trying to fit it onto that first. I know it's more expense but has to be better than the cost if a new insert...again!

Is your insert a new one? I had an older insert to start with and it was physically bigger in diameter and would not fit! I now have the flat 4 insert I bought on eBay and it fits easier.

I now have the problem that the bezel is too stiff so I may need to trim it on the back so it fits better! Good old reps!!!

Is your insert a new one? I had an older insert to start with and it was physically bigger in diameter and would not fit! I now have the flat 4 insert I bought on eBay and it fits easier.

I now have the problem that the bezel is too stiff so I may need to trim it on the back so it fits better! Good old reps!!!

Hi bud it's brand new the insert I've got, I can get it in the bezel ring about 90% but just can't for the life of me get the last part in. I think I will try filing the bezel a bit today. So frustrating

Hi guys I've got a crystal press but I think when I used it last time it slightly flattened my insert which is why I think it snapped, and when you say try pressing against a table would you suggest so the insert is flat against the table or pushing on the edge of the insert? I've tried and I get nearly get it in but soon as I get the last part in it pops out somewhere else.surely it shouldn't be this tight?

file the insert...i had the same problem and bent the insert and bezel....I got it in 90%...I should have filed it a little bit and tried a bit at a time.....now i'm waiting on TC to see if he can source me a spare or two from his supplier....You just have to go slow and take your time........my bezel may have been a tad small or my insert may have been a tad too big.Hold the insert on it's side and make 5-6 forward and backward motions,gently on some fine sandpaper 220 grit or higher and slowly work your way around bweteen the ten minute markers.After going around once, try installig the insert again.....it should fit ...if not file a little more...remember...TAKE YOU TIME!It will be alot of fun!

Edited by janeto72

I'm wondering now Ry if your TC sub has a smaller bezel ring than others, it takes some pressure but not 2 hrs worth! I feel for you. I'd do it for you but I'd feel terrible if I broke anything. May be worth buying a new bezel from TC and trying to fit it onto that first. I know it's more expense but has to be better than the cost if a new insert...again!

glad to hear is all good, enjoy it

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...