When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Black Portofino

URkuk

Received a IWC black Portofino today from Mary at Watch International... :) Very classy looking dress watch, runs smooth. Now its off to The Zigmeister for service and a ETA date wheel change. When it returns I will upgrade the rep strap to a Di Modell black alligator.

Mary is great to deal with!!

iwc1.jpg

iwc2.jpg

iwc3.jpg

iwc4.jpg

iwc5.jpg

iwc6.jpg

Ah. Finally some real life pictures of the Portofino. Thanks! :)

The Zigmeister is not impressed by the quality of the Asian 2892s. It will be interesting to see whether there has been any improvement in these latest versions.

These are real nice, thanks for the pics, first time seeing the new black dialed one, date wheel needs sorting alright, the white/silver dialed one looked really classy (review on one of the forums)

Are these new attempts at a2892 movements or just the version that has been around for a few years?

Pic robbed from Cronsell over on the geek, thank you Cronsell, hope you dont mind! :)

Portofino.jpg

I was told the Asian 2892 was a pretty dependable movement once serviced...I'll ask Rob to comment, he should have it by Monday..:)

• 1 month later...

As it turns out, the Asian 2892 was garbage even The Zigmeister could not repair it so I bought a gold plated Swiss ETA 2892 from Ofrei. Rob installed it for me and now a have a Porto for life...:)

Guest jaspade

Hate to bust your bubble, but, that is not an IWC Portofino.. That is as fake as you are. You should change your post title to: "hey all, look at my fake piece of [censored]! I wish I had an real one, but, sadly all I can do is pretend with this toy".. Just a thought.

Hate to bust your bubble, but, that is not an IWC Portofino.. That is as fake as you are. You should change your post title to: "hey all, look at my fake piece of [censored]! I wish I had an real one, but, sadly all I can do is pretend with this toy".. Just a thought.

Really? What a revelation! I am crushed.

And all this time I believed every rep from China was genuine.

Who left the gate open?...;)

Someone show this poor soul the exit.

How can someone be a member for almost a year, and attack another member for owning a replica ... :g:

Length of membership has little to do with level of intelligence...lol-057.gif

As it turns out, the Asian 2892 was garbage even The Zigmeister could not repair it so I bought a gold plated Swiss ETA 2892 from Ofrei. Rob installed it for me and now a have a Porto for life... :)

How much is a gold plated Swiss ETA 2892? I have been thinking about getting a iwc portofino rep myself.