When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

these two dssd, what's difference apart from movement

alifizan

Seen these two deep sea dwellers on Trevor times site, apart from the movements inside of them what's the difference in the casing of the watches and the bracelet, curious because IM thinking of buying the cheaper on and then maybe putting another movement in it but really it's the casing of these two that I wanna know the difference

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/3848307/?style=story

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/2201492/?style=story

This common NoobFactory DSSD comes in A21j, ETA Clone, Swiss ETA, and 3135 decoration clone movements.

Is an identical watch .. and you can not put ETA clones or ETA Swiss into an A21j watch ... the hands and dial are the ***wrong fitment***

edit: Oooh I see Trevor admits to mineral crystal in the A21j model, as well.

The second is closer to gen. The dial is bigger size .. This first one is just old version.

Keep in mind the watch isn't superlume... It's just the picture . and I don't believe it can for real interchange with gen parts... have u seen a person with gen insert in dssd??

Well, we all know these watches don't take gen parts!

As for the sapphire crystal, domed vs domed synthetic really doesn't tell us anything since sapphire crystals are all synthetic anyway aren't they?

But the key here is that if you get the asian 21j and swap in an eta of some sort, you'll have to come up with a set of blue hands that fit and snip off the dial feet.

So where do you get the blue hands? Might be best just to buy the movement that you want in the first place

I would figure these two cases are the same- the 2813 and 2836 are the same size, etc. Both have lousy fitment on the end links- look how they stick out past the lugs! But what do you know, the gens do also!