When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just picked purchased this Modded MBW 5513...Thoughts?

watchaddict

As the title states I just purchased this modded MBW 5513. What do you guys think?

I haven't received it yet so these pics are from the seller.

Specs according to sales post:

MBK 5513 from Reg (Narikaa)

Modded by PBDAD (vintaged dial, case, pearl, cartel riveted bracelet with 2mm springbar mod, 2mm lug holes, crown tube install)

Yuki parts (gen crown and tube, yuki pearl)

Gen-like service crystal mod and Water sealed by a known local watchmaker (tested it on my 2.5 ft fish tank)

post-31776-0-68623200-1332389530.jpg

post-31776-0-26141500-1332389540.jpg

post-31776-0-25297300-1332389551.jpg

Ditto & replace that crummy bracelet with 1 of Yuki's folded links ('This time the endpieces can perfect fit with gen 20mm springbar' - Yuki)

_DSC0108-2.jpg

(Click pic for link)

IIRC it's Yuki's riveted bracelet that is good.

LHOOQ recently reviewed and adviced against buying Yuki's folded bracelet at that point The reason was it didn't properly fit a 5513 case, or just about any other case either for that matter and you couldn't replace the endlinks for better ones.

Though i must say from the pictures it looks VERY good.

For folded bracelets the cartel 7836 may be an acceptable alternative.

To be honest, I have never handled this bracelet (it is new) & 382 end links are a bit longer than the spec'd (for Subs) 380s or 280s, so it is possible that you may need to grind/file the inner curvature of the 382s to get them to mate cleanly with the Sub case. But, overall, these bracelets are nearly indistinguishable from the gens, which is not the case for the poor rivet copy that is now fitted to that watch.

I'm sorry they don't. I made a mistake.

I was 100% sure the one from Yuki had been improved to take gen bars but from what I just read it doesn't seem like it.

I have the folded bracelet from the cartel and it needs the last middle link to be bent open a bit to allow gen spring bars and probably a new pair of end links.

I'm wearing it with the spring bars it came on at the moment.