When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

best source for a Daytona engraved bridge

danielv2000

Saw a 5 line engraved chrono bridge on VRM today for $2K as I recall.

You just have to keep an eye peeled on ebay and be patient- seems like I've seen them in the past for $150-200.

i saw that!! Some guys are nuts. He should read the thread on the case of the missing 1530 screw. For all I know, that $2k bridge could be from Phong!!!

I have a cheapie bridge set from DW, and... You get what you pay for. The chronograph bridge is OK at a glance, but quickly falls apart under loupe-level scrutiny.

I took some pictures that you can see on my FAP 6239 thread.

I hear ya. I'm just looking for a nice finishing touch. As long as it does the job and looks ok.

I wouldn't invest much into an engraved bridge, one glance at the balance will quickly reveal that the movement is no 727. A nice finishing touch none the less, but not worth serious money imo.

I agree! That's why a phong $500 is way out of my price range. It seems you can get a brand new TC sub for that money!!!

I have 1 of Phong's bridges, but it does not fit the V72. I had The Zigmeister try & he was unable to install it. When I have more time, I will see if I can shape it better to make it fit.

Let me get this right; you fork over $500 and it doesn't fit!!! i would imagine these are the same he uses for his own custom-builds.

Anyway, it's a bad idea to change parts of your v72 movement. Don't forget :

- It can reduce the movement time life, it's a old & fragile

- Maybe it will fit your movement, maybe not

- Your BPM are wrong anyway with a v72 (vs a 727)

- It will never fool anyone. Just look on VRF at the gen bridge, then, look at the Phong bridge (or worse, the DW bridge). No comparison possible ;) To me, it's the same thing than installing a "fake" chinese Rolex movement with engraving, instead of choosing an true ETA one.

IMO, the better is to keep your money to more important (and visible) things ;)

Maybe buying a v726 instead of a classic v72 for your 6263/5 ? :D

R.

Anyway, it's a bad idea to change parts of your v72 movement. Don't forget :

- It can reduce the movement time life, it's a old & fragile

- Maybe it will fit your movement, maybe not

- Your BPM are wrong anyway with a v72 (vs a 727)

- It will never fool anyone. Just look on VRF at the gen bridge, then, look at the Phong bridge (or worse, the DW bridge). No comparison possible ;) To me, it's the same thing than installing a "fake" chinese Rolex movement with engraving, instead of choosing an true ETA one.

IMO, the better is to keep your money to more important (and visible) things ;)

Maybe buying a v726 instead of a classic v72 for your 6263/5 ? :D

R.

Not looking to fool anyone any more than fooling them wearing a franken! I doubt I will ever pop it open. Its just a little extra something that only I will know!

As long as the movement works correctly and it doesn't fail. That should be more than ok. However, all of us have some form of OCD, so I get it. '

E

Thanks! That's when guys get excited about the SEL... I can never tell!!!