When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Run Of 'h' Series Crown Guards

Mr.Smith

I sent you an email for a Ti one Nov 4th. :thumbsupsmileyanim: How many do we have so far? BUMP also :)

The story so far.. I have had a few members who have unfortunately 'revised' there initial requirement, that means we now need 3 or 4 'less' SS , So at the moment we have a grand total of 35 stainless wanted, and 6 Ti. I'm also still not totally convinced that everyone who has replied here saying they wanted CG's, has emailed me to confirm, as taking a quick check it looks like there is 4 or 5 who havent sent emails..!! So I can only assume they have also changed their minds..!!

Bearing in mind the probability that not all 'intents to buy' will materialise, born out by what I've just said, and the changes to initial requirements already, 35 is about 'half' of the number of commitments I need, to be reasonably assured of getting 50 firm orders,

so we still have a way to go before I feel confident enough to take it to the next stage.

I should know later today about the Ti question, so will post as soon as I find out.

Mr Smith

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have emailed my intention to take 2 or 3.............I can confirm at least 3 if that helps.

As far as numbers are concerned I would think that these would sell easily on ebay, similar to Jimmy Fu's. Jimmy doesn't sell on the forums so obviously the market for correct parts is much wider than the rep community. However you won't get any confirmed pre-orders for sales on the 'bay.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation as you can't offer to the market what you haven't made yet. It would be rather 'naughty' to list a genuine G series crown on the 'bay, described as an accurate aftermarket part, only to withdraw it prior to closing, just to test the interest. Worth a thought though????

The story so far.. I have had a few members who have unfortunately 'revised' there initial requirement, that means we now need 3 or 4 'less' SS , So at the moment we have a grand total of 35 stainless wanted, and 6 Ti. I'm also still not totally convinced that everyone who has replied here saying they wanted CG's, has emailed me to confirm, as taking a quick check it looks like there is 4 or 5 who havent sent emails..!! So I can only assume they have also changed their minds..!!

Bearing in mind the probability that not all 'intents to buy' will materialise, born out by what I've just said, and the changes to initial requirements already, 35 is about 'half' of the number of commitments I need, to be reasonably assured of getting 50 firm orders,

so we still have a way to go before I feel confident enough to take it to the next stage.

I should know later today about the Ti question, so will post as soon as I find out.

Mr Smith

Some good news at last...!! we can have Ti CG's made at the same time as the SS. So maybe that news will help to swell the numbers a tad..!

Mr Smith

First time I've seen this thread.

If I can track down a 176H from a dealer. Which means a titanium H series crown guard.

Take your time making it - after Xmas and I may be able to get a 2nd one...

A separate question: Will this have the sleeve on the pin like Jimmy's CGs?

Mr. Smith I think many of us are waiting to see a prototype before we committ... just FYI...

'Mr Smith's' professionalism and attention to detail is absolute. I have no doubt that anything that he is involved in will be 100% or it will not happen at all. There will either be perfect CGs or no CGs. I have no fear of committing to buying this gentleman's product.

Mr. Smith I think many of us are waiting to see a prototype before we committ... just FYI...

I should step in here and explain something about the prototype situation. Mr Smith is aware that members would normally like to see a prototype before committing to place an order but the way this had to be costed does not allow for this in the normal manner. A prototype will be made but not as a one off for pics to be taken in advance of orders. So this means that the maker will keep making a test piece until Mr Smith is happy that it is exactly right then he will ok the run. The reason it had to be done this way is because the maker cannot set-up the machine to make a one off prototype in case we do not follow through with an order as the set-up costs for the CNC are very high. However this way gives Mr Smith a safeguard as he will not ok the run unless the prototype is ok and therefore will not lose out financially, but he has to pay for this up-front which is why he needs confirmed orders now and if the run is given the green light will need payment immediately. Remember guys that this is not an easy thing to have done and there are certain rules, outside of China, that apply to us and this device is a patented thing so there are legal ramifications to consider. If you want a decent CG then this is it - period.

But crucially this will not happen at all unless we get more than 50 orders because the costs are so high that it's not worth it otherwise. This time you will just have to take our word for it and trust us that these will be perfect (I think you all know how much of a perfectionist I am and I can say with confidence that Mr Smith is even more anal than me).

I would be willing to step in and take whatever amount is neccesary on top of the currently made commitments by members - I am convinced I can sell the ones I don't need on Ebay - I could also provide some upfront financing? How about it?

This project needs to happen :Jumpy: and thanks Mr.Smith and Finepics to take this on

i could be in for a Ti CG....but at what cost?

At the cost of your dignity MUHWAHWAHAHA :Jumpy:

Just kidding, I think both SS and Titanium versions will be the same cost. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...