When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Run Of 'h' Series Crown Guards

Mr.Smith

Just to make this clear - V you are right these will NOT fit Davidsens cases so be aware of this people. Personally I prefer the standard rep cases as I feel they are more accurate which is why this run is designed for them only. You are welcome to modify them to fit D's case but at your own risk.

What you said Mark..

Rep cases accept genuine parts without any mods at all.

Davids cases are bigger and they don't accept rep or genuine parts without mods..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for my ignorance about the diff cg shapes, H or non-H series. From Panerai's site, I see that the cgs for 112, 176, 111, 000, 177, 005, etc. look like this, with the cg lever about in the middle and the space above and below it more or less the same size vs. much thinner on top like the one from Perfect Clones. So the cg Mr. Smith is making looks like the top 3 pics, right? Again sorry to question this if it's too obvious.

145710-15722.jpg145710-15723.jpg145710-15724.jpg

from Perfect Clones

145710-15725.jpg

That is correct - the top three photos are the H series CG which is very similar top the early Pre-V CG's. The bottom photo is the F and G series type CG.

That's great. Another question I have is: does the CG fit most of our dealers' H offerings without additional modding? I know it won't for davidsen's. I asked Josh if his H's are 1:1. He said his cases are very accurate but not sure if they will take aftermarket parts without additional modding. Same goes for belial2k's. Anybody know which reps these custom-made CGs can fit without mods?

Edited by bklm1234

That's great. Another question I have is: does the CG fit most of our dealers' H offerings without additional modding? I know it won't for davidsen's. I asked Josh if his H's are 1:1. He said his cases are very accurate but not sure if they will take aftermarket parts without additional modding. Same goes for belial2k's. Anybody know which reps these custom-made CGs can fit without mods?

Hi, Okay time for an update I think.

So far i have a grand total of 38 CG's confirmed by Email, plus an additional 6 if available in Ti.

This falls substantially short of the number required for the project to move to the next level, which is authorising the manufacture of the prototype. So if there is anyone who has only shown their interest on RWG, can i ask you once again to email me. As I am only counting from emails received.

The Titanium question has still to be answered as my contact has been unavailable this week, but he will be back on monday.

As far as compatibility is concerned, I think the we should be matching them up with the most common Reps, which correct me if I'm wrong, will probably be those from Josh/Andrew etc. What might be a worthwhile excercise, would be to establish which other dealers supply the same case.

Also regarding cases, I have a case and 2 CG's (obtained at different times) from Jimmy, The case and 1 of the CG's were to go to help with the manufacture of the our prototype CG. However on close examination, it's fairly obvious that Jimmy's case is different from the 2 Luminor's I have from Josh and Andrew.

Also when fitting my first CG from Jimmy to my Luminor, it was offset to one side, with the knurling on the crown actually touching the inside of the CG.

I had assumed this was an isolated case, until I received the 2nd CG 6wks later, it proved to be exactly the same, and on 2 different watches.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems when fitting Jimmy's CG's to Josh/Andrew reps?

My thinking here is that if it's a common problem, then Jimmy's cases may be tapped in a slightly different position from the other reps, which means the new CG's might require some modification to fit Jimmy's cases.

Any other views on this welcome..

Mr Smith

Also regarding cases, I have a case and 2 CG's (obtained at different times) from Jimmy, The case and 1 of the CG's were to go to help with the manufacture of the our prototype CG. However on close examination, it's fairly obvious that Jimmy's case is different from the 2 Luminor's I have from Josh and Andrew.

Also when fitting my first CG from Jimmy to my Luminor, it was offset to one side, with the knurling on the crown actually touching the inside of the CG.

I had assumed this was an isolated case, until I received the 2nd CG 6wks later, it proved to be exactly the same, and on 2 different watches.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems when fitting Jimmy's CG's to Josh/Andrew reps?

My thinking here is that if it's a common problem, then Jimmy's cases may be tapped in a slightly different position from the other reps, which means the new CG's might require some modification to fit Jimmy's cases.

Any other views on this welcome..

Mr Smith

I have one of Jimmy's CGs fitted on Joshuas 000 and it is a perfect fit. It is also a perfect fit on the genuine case, and the gen CG fits Jimmy's case perfectly. In my opinion Jimmy's cases are 1:1 copies of the genuine Panerai cases and I doubt if anyone could spot the difference. Don't forget Jimmy Fu is a highly respected Panerai collector and he had a batch of parts manufactured some time ago with the intention of producing his own unbranded watches. His stuff is in a different league to the usual rep watches.

I think a list of commited members needs to be posted. I sent an email to Mr smith but received no confirmation back so how do I know I'm included??? :mellow:

I suggest you read the original post again, where you will find the following, Quote.

"But if you are sure you would like to be in on this, send me an email to smithspeed@aol.com

Please dont expect an answer back, at this stage I only want to count numbers of those who are serious about having one....or two..!

I will also run this post on the the other Rep Forums, so please do not double up on emails, it will just mess up my numbers."

Operative words in that quote being " Please don't expect an answer back"....!!!!!!!!!!

Also while I'm the subject again..!! The only way you will be included in the count is to email me, I cant and wont take the time to try to match up requests on here to be included, with emails received, but after a quick check it looks like there are some who have done just that, ie, said they want one on here, but have failed to email me.

The instruction was clear, read the extract from the initial post above.

Mr Smith

Email sent. But it took quite a while to figure out how to send it as I did not see your email address in this loop. I may be blind though. :lol:

My apologies for that, I assumed it was common knowledge that by clicking on the members name on a post, that it was a link to that member's profile, with contact details, including the ability to send an email.

So my direct email address is as follows: smithspeed@aol.com

Mr Smith