When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Run Of 'h' Series Crown Guards

Mr.Smith

Hi I may appear to be a newcomer to the forum, but I am a contributor. However due to the 'sensitivity' of this project, I have decided to remain anon.. I have consulted with my good friend Mark (Finepics) on this project, so I'm sure knowing he is involved, should give you some degree of 'Assurance' .

Anyway this has come about through frustration as to why nobody else has done it before now ..!!

My Intention is to produce a run of 'Accurate' 'H Series Crown Guards' which according to Mark are also the correct CG's for some vintage models, I will confirm which ones when I can lay my hands on Mark's notes..!!

The ground work has been done, I have an engineer standing by who works in Micro Engineering, has seen the appropriate drawings, photos of the CG, and is confident he can produce the complete assembly ie: CG, Lever and pin.

We are going to make a Prototype, before the production run starts, but this is where I need your feedback.

For this project to work, and before I fork out for a prototype, I need to know that I can count on orders for at least 50 CG assemblies.

Then once I am satisfied with the prototype, I will post the photos of it, and will then ask for your promises to be turned into cash...!!

The price for this 'Holy Grail' ....? I am sure we can do it for $99 delivered. not too big a price to pay. The 99% perfect rep, draws even closer..

Let me know your thoughts guys, here on the forum.

But if you are sure you would like to be in on this, send me an email to smithspeed@aol.com

Please dont expect an answer back, at this stage I only want to count numbers of those who are serious about having one....or two..!

I will also run this post on the the other Rep Forums, so please do not double up on emails, it will just mess up my numbers.

Mr Smith..!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will more than vouch for Mr Smiths integrity here. As I have already mentioned before there are several new projects in the pipeline and this is one of them - these CG's will be a clone of the gen so all of you with interest in the Pre-A's as well will definitely want these. Correct side profile, correct pin placement, machined from a bar not rough cast or laser cut - these will be very good.

I will certainly be having 3 of these myself.

SS only? Any Ti CGs in your plans?

Hi, I will be asking my engineer, that very question this coming week, I dont see any reason why part of the overall number required for this initial run couldn't be in Ti, I would assume the setup and machining process will be exactly the same.

I'll check it out anyway and post the answer.

The response so far looks encouraging, it looks like we have about 24 required at the moment, but

can i just remind you interested parties to email me please, to confirm your interest along with the number of CG's you would take.

This is to enable me to have an easy check on the total needed, I'd rather not have to keep toting up from messages on the forum..

Thank you

Mr Smith

Guys - not preaching at you here but past history has shown that not all interested parties end up completing the deal and quietly drop out. So if you are genuinely interested and will absolutely commit to purchase then this will make thing a bit easier. I can tell you that Mr Smith is working to extremely tight margins here so if even a couple remain unsold that is likely to make the run go into a loss - and we cannot have that as the initial payment to the maker is quite a lot of money.

Remember also that these CG's are also for the 5218/201A's etc that a lot a lot of us have as projects.

I'm interested and would like to get one for my 201a from Davidsen. Is there any way to tell if this will fit one of his cases? I remember a comment that his CGs are a slightly different size as far as where the screws fit to the case.

It won't without a bit of modification at the srcew holes.

David's watches are different size than normal rep and genuine ones.

Just to make this clear - V you are right these will NOT fit Davidsens cases so be aware of this people. Personally I prefer the standard rep cases as I feel they are more accurate which is why this run is designed for them only. You are welcome to modify them to fit D's case but at your own risk.

Hi, I will be asking my engineer, that very question this coming week, I dont see any reason why part of the overall number required for this initial run couldn't be in Ti, I would assume the setup and machining process will be exactly the same.

I'll check it out anyway and post the answer.

The response so far looks encouraging, it looks like we have about 24 required at the moment, but

can i just remind you interested parties to email me please, to confirm your interest along with the number of CG's you would take.

This is to enable me to have an easy check on the total needed, I'd rather not have to keep toting up from messages on the forum..

Thank you

Mr Smith

I'm in for a Ti CG for 177H and sending you an email NOW :D