When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua has lost my business forever

gasebah

So far I made all my purchases through Joshua and was quite satisfied although already in the past the shipment through UK was bugging me wih long turnaround times as the watches seem to stay way too long in the UK until they are finally shipped from there. But well, I could cope with that. I have to rely on this way of shipping as anything else is snatched by customs where I live.

Business transactions that work according to plan are usually no problem for either party. Real customer support can be measured if something goes wrong. In my last transaction almost anything went wrong. I was sent QC pics for a wrong watch. Corrected, than got pics of the watch I actually ordered fine. After a week the watch arrived in UK. I waited one week, Two weeks. Nothing. I wrote a mail...don't worry it is underway. A week later the next mail...don't worry it will come. A more direct mail...oh, we found out your watch was sent to the wrong customer, a customer in Bulgaria. He will send it to you. A week....nothing. Allegedly the watch was returned to sender for a wrong adress. Nonsense. The guy in Bulgaria will send out the watch again. I agreed with Joshua that if the watch will not arrive in 2 weeks we will find another solution. Of course the watch did not arrive. The guy in Bulgaria had already proven that he is not reliable. I now asked for a refund but Joshua insisted I should wait for the watch to arrive. I did not accept this and insisted on a refund. Since then Joshua has gone dead. I am now at the mercy of some character in Bulgaria who has no motivation to send the watch. Why should he. I had no choice but open a paypal conflict. I hate this, but after more than 8 weeks I have no hope that I will ever see the watch.

I am not a whiner and I know this business for two deacades. I know that this is not best buy, but it escapes me why I would treat a customer who has made three straight orders in two month and had the next order waiting in line this way. After all Joshua can be trusted if everything goes according to plan. If something don't he is just another scam. Today I have placed my first order with pure time.

-Alex

Tried talking to an admin already?

IMO, can hardly fault u for opening the PP dispute...but i would talk with an admin before doing that.

U paid, u waited, tried sorting with the dealer, and no watch. On top of that they admitted sending to the wrong address...

Hope you can get back either the watch or the money.

Edited by ShiroTenshi

What a mess. What Bulgarian is this?

Alex how much money are we talking about? Joshua is usually quite nice when there is problems...isnt paypal conflict a resort that RWG members can not use against our trusted dealers?

Hi Gran,

I am not telling real names here. The bulgarian is allegedly a long time customer of Joshua's. I am not aware that RWG members cannot resort to a PP conflict. If that is true be my guest and ban me. I pay with PP for this very reason that I have at least a little leverage. I remember to have read somewhere that it does "not always lead to the desired result". All in all including shipping we are talking approx. 400 US$. As Shakira says: " I won't break down cuz life's already bit me." This is not only about the money. I was patient and I was friendly through the whole process. I assured to Joshua that we will do business in the future. He could have sent another watch and rely on me to send it back once I received both. I also offered to credit the amount against a new order. And still I am hung out in the dry. So eventually I have to let off some steam. But I am still open to resolve this in a civilized manner.

-Alex

Edited by gasebah

Starting a PP conflict won't do you any good. Their customer protection service is only good for 45 days and only if you used eBay. Best thing would be to use your credit card when paying with PP. It's much easier to recover your money. You make sure you don't have any funds in your Paypal account, then you call your credit card company and tell them to charge the money back. They don't even ask any questions.. When Paypal contacts you, you tell them you ordered something and the sender didn't send it out. Then they ask the sender to provide any proof of sending anything out to you, which of course he can't.. Worst thing to happen to you is that your Paypal account will be closed down, but at least you got your money back.

Having said that, I'm sure Joshua would have resolved the matter (rather later than sooner).

im more than sure josh will sort this look at it this way josh buys the watch from the factory sends to the wrong address and hes got to rely on the other guy sending the watch on to you and prob cover the costs before you get your watch and he will prob then have to send the other guy his correct watch .

hes prob trying to sort it without him loosing too much cash because he will still have to find the guy who got your watch his correct watch to

no excuse for sending it in the first place or not replying there could be loads of reasons id hang in there and give him a few days to reply to your problem

I'm wondering if this is OUR Joshua that we're talking about here.

There are a few scam Perfect Clones sites operating on the back of Joshua's good name.

Normally PP transactions with Josh are conducted a bit differently. Anyone who has done this will know what I mean!!

I'm wondering if this is OUR Joshua that we're talking about here.

There are a few scam Perfect Clones sites operating on the back of Joshua's good name.

Normally PP transactions with Josh are conducted a bit differently. Anyone who has done this will know what I mean!!

You took the words right out my mouth there!

Be careful you haven't bought from one of Josh's "Perfect Clones" scam sites!

On a personal note, i have purchased many watches from Josh, with only one small problem - that Josh duly fixed with no problem at all!

I wouldn't be too keen on trying any other dealer for my Reps TBH! Although i'm sure there are other great dealers out there, i like the relationship i have built up with him, and i do think he will fix this for you if he can.

Bear in mind, there are some problems for the Rep industry at the moment, with all the recent Govt interventions.