When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed! Crown 380 comes out

Harmtol

Hey Guy's,

The crown of my radiomir 360 comes out. I can't fix it with tightening or loosening the screw that suppose to do the job. Is there something i do wrong?

I just got it in today and at the first time i opened it it came out. Beautiful watch but sad that it doesn't work. I received the Quality pics and on the pictures it was working fine.

Is there an easy way to fix this. I don't want to wait another long time before it comes back of andrew...

greetings Harm

Maybe a picture of the problem would help a little better.

Do you mean that the tube is stripped and for that reason the crown doesn't screw in anymore ??

I know that there were problems with thread on the tubes in the past.

Carpe Diem

Cats

This is what i mean...

Is there something loose?

Thanks guys

that's easy to fix - the only challenge is to open and close the caseback without scratching it ;)

you just have to tighten one screw ....

This happened to mine when I received it too. I pulled the case back off with some duct tape (it actually works!) and then I put the crown back in and tightened the screw that you will see right on the movement near the crown and it worked.

Then you have to remove the hands and the dial to reach the plate that got off. How to dismantle a 6497: www.horlogerie-suisse.com/Theoriehorlogerie/disassembling-mechanical-watch.html Take the opportunity to clean it and oil it as well if you want your watch to last a few years...

I have heard that there was an issue with the crown on the new 380 and that it is being reworked. Mine works fine, but if yours is one with this issue, the dealer will fix it. it is a drag to mail back of course, but sometimes there are recall issues. Good luck, the 380 is a good looking watch/

I have fixed it with the site that rolojack recommend. It was easy to fix. I have thorn the watch apart and putted everything back in. Never done it but it's really easy. I want to service An old 183 rep en put new jewels in. Just to learn something about it.

Does anybody know where I can buy new jewels?

Greets

I need jewels for a 5year old watch. A little project to learn servicing and to restore the movement. By one of the jewels is a point where the gear falls in to much off, the watch doesn't function anymore as it should.

A great way to learn servicing en to take it all apart and to put it back in.

I hope someone knows where I can buy jewels.

post-3251-0-37666900-1334144391.jpgGreat thread! Yesterday my 380 became tough to put the crown back. Made a ball of duct tape and tightened up the screw closest to the crown, I feeli like I just

tuned up my Mercedes E430!

Edited by hambone