When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II 42mm White Dial

Londongeorge87

Just picked this up

c8c5d7b6.jpg

Only thing that's bugging me is the blue hue to the AR'd cyclops.

Where could I go to get the cyclops done with colourless AR as per gen?

Or is it a case of getting a gen crystal... Assuming it will take a gen crystal that is. Otherwise a very very good watch - extremely pleased.

Cheers in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The date wheel is larger on this watch buddy so the dw from bk will not work.

I was going to see if we could source a gen crystal for these.

I have one of these in bits at the moment while I relume it, I have the black one. I'm going to remove the cyclops and get the crystal ar coated.

Just tried having the gen crystal fitted to my 42mm exp ii.

My watchmaker said it wasn't a direct fit as slightly different sizes. All he could suggest was glueing it in.

Is there any mods that could be done or is glueing really the only alternative for me to get a gen crystal in this thing?

Speaking to watcher about this already but wondering if any of you forum experts had any pearls of wisdom? I'm clueless on the fitment of these things.

Thanks in advance

Just tried having the gen crystal fitted to my 42mm exp ii.

My watchmaker said it wasn't a direct fit as slightly different sizes. All he could suggest was glueing it in.

Is there any mods that could be done or is glueing really the only alternative for me to get a gen crystal in this thing?

Speaking to watcher about this already but wondering if any of you forum experts had any pearls of wisdom? I'm clueless on the fitment of these things.

Thanks in advance

Which gen crystal are you trying to use?? 25-295-C ??

I would have thought this crystal would be alot bigger than the 295-C

There's a modder/builder on here that spins his own crystals...but I don't recall right off hand who it is...I read it somewhere.

Might be worth a shot.

Edited by correctime

Was going to try and source the gen crystal. Have one coming in the next week or 2 but not sure if it will fit as dubious whether this has gen construction to allow it to.

Stripped the blue ar off the cyclops already as it was annoying me.

Anyone got any ideas? I think big crown on RG was making ar cyclops sports Rolex crystals, but no word on if he will offer the bigger type.

Hi buddy does the 12 o'clock triangle marker look noticeably miss aligned when on the wrist? That's the only fault I've heard everyone talking about ?

Is there anything else that's not correct on this rep?

I'm going to invest in one of these soon as I've got a all white wedding to goto and thought its a good excuse to buy another watch :)

Cheers buddy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I've just recently purchased and received the updated version. The watch is beautiful and lumes great, but one thing I noticed, which I'm not sure about, is that the gmt triangle, the second hand dot, and the main hands have a different lume colour than the hour dots. The hour dots are quite whitish, while the hands have a slightly green/yellow tint. From the pics i have seen of the gen, I think this is different, as they seem to match colourwise. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hi all! I've just recently purchased and received the updated version. The watch is beautiful and lumes great, but one thing I noticed, which I'm not sure about, is that the gmt triangle, the second hand dot, and the main hands have a different lume colour than the hour dots. The hour dots are quite whitish, while the hands have a slightly green/yellow tint. From the pics i have seen of the gen, I think this is different, as they seem to match colourwise. Anyone have any thoughts?

good spot , and you might be right. Still a cracking watch though

216570-rolex-explorer-ii-qq-wi-g-j.jpg

@ Jackinlondon can you show us some pics of the updated version.

Question about the gmt hand are you able to get in perfect sync with the hour hand.

Judging from the picture of the first version here is an issue regarding the sync.

Carpe Diem

Cats

• 1 year later...