When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are they selling gens as reps?

Rolexman

Just saw this Dior at Angus' website and although it is not my taste it sure looks genuine. Is this like the recent released Hamilton Basjump? Looks like they are using genuine parts to some extend.

I couldn't spot a single flaw ( I have to say I didn't try that hard because I don't like watch anyway)

I merely want talk about the way things seem to change in the rep industries. Either the standards are getting way on par with the genuine or.....Swiss brands aren't as "Swiss" as they claim to be.

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/dior-2012-04-16/

It sure is an ugly watch.. but you're right, the build quality does seem extremely good, especially for a 2nd tier brand and a watch that I can't really imagine being a massive seller..

It could be the night shift version from a real factory.. or maybe Dior is way more popular in China then we realize.

I read somewhere that the Gen was pulled from the market following a patent issue relating to the bezel functions.

The speculation is that these watches are remains from that production.

Edited by mbjoer

Reminds me of the Hamilton Base jump watch ( only in reference ) offered recently that is all but gen also. Rep dealers have been offering for some years now pieces that are obviously overruns or discontinued stock ect to us with little or no change other than movements if even that.

What I call the bag lady watches, you know the Gucci`s, ect.

• 3 months later...