When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona 116520 black face (thinner case and bezel, Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750/25jewels including modded module with additional jewels by Domi)

Guest Daytona1984

Guest Daytona1984

Here are some pics of my Rolex Daytona 116520 black face with the following features:

Thinner case and bezel

Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750/25jewels

Modded module with additional jewels by Domi

This watch was built by my friend and great watchmaker Domi :)

I hope you enjoy the pics and I welcome all comments :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Great stuff, looks fantastic!! Congrats, on all you're projects!! I do have questions though;

1. is the bezel genuine, or is it aftermarket?

2. what crystal was used?

3. is the caseback genuine, or aftermarket?

4. did Domi have to modify the 7750 to run without the rotor (making it manual wind) so the flatter caseback would fit?

And a question for our rep makers;

Why can't you make a Daytona like this ??!?!?!!!??

Cheers B)

Guest Daytona1984

Great stuff, looks fantastic!! Congrats, on all you're projects!! I do have questions though;

many thanks buddy :)

1. is the bezel genuine, or is it aftermarket?

2. what crystal was used?

3. is the caseback genuine, or aftermarket?

no gen parts went into this watch. i got the whole case set from a friend who got it from a trade, so no infos of the origin. freddy however did a great write up of using a thinner case. see his comment...

4. did Domi have to modify the 7750 to run without the rotor (making it manual wind) so the flatter caseback would fit?

no, the movement does run with the rotor ;)

And a question for our rep makers;

Why can't you make a Daytona like this ??!?!?!!!??

Cheers B)

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I remember Freddy's thread on the perfect rep Daytona, and I just went and reviewed it again. However, and this may just be a trick of the camera lens, you're bezel still looks flatter than the normal rep fare. Most if not all faux chrono Daytona's have that flat case back that also has that nasty looking "Winner of the Daytona 500" etched into it. I often thought that if that etching is not too deep, then some quality time with a dremel would remove it, and if that caseback is the same size and thread as what the 7750 case back has, then that solves that problem.

Using this same case you used along with the newer A7750 with the closer subdial spacing from the Zenith Defy Chrono rep and the elprimero Daytona dial would make one hell of a project. I was going to try this a while back myself, but I had to sell some stuff to pay some bills and that included selling the elprimero dial I had, so its all out of reach to me now. Anyway, I have been barking and snarling about the rep makers doing this kind of rework for the rep Daytonas for a while now, but I've all but given up since they seem to be sufficiently occupied with comming up with a seemingly endess parade of AP ROO chronos of every color, vast varietys of Panarai watches that all look the same to me after a while, and Hublot after Hublot after Hublot.....

Still, they do an awesome job, better than they have ever done, but seriously, they can certainly do what you, Domi and Freddy have accomplished here.

Once again, great project, all the best to you!!

Cheers B)

Do the additional jewels that Domi added reduce the problems that people have with the seconds at six movements?

i guess yes - he found his own way to solve the Sec@6 problems ....

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Did you know the 112520 and Gen crowns ?

17_zpsea1080fc.jpg

Have a look carefully the crown and the pushers positioned underneath the case. Even worse this case has ridge on the back side of case. Its tricky. 14.44 is not a thin case. In my opinion,  it looks same as the recent noob daytona case.