When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen springbars for a vintage daytona?

ldegeneve

The only place I've seen gen Rolex spring bars so far is The Vintage Market on VRF.

Dr B sells them from time to time. They are not cheap, I don't recall daytona prices but sub springbars are around 60$ a pair.

I don't know if it's true, but I've read a few times Rolex AD's won't sell them loose unless you have a watch to show them.

Older Daytona spring bars...

"Anyone have an idea?"

I believe they are the same 19mm sb used in a rolex 1500 opd etc and if so, they are easy to find. Swiss made aft/mkt rolex replacements are just as good as oem and I seriously doubt rolex makes their own sb anyway. I used to buy oem sb when we had a parts account but there was no difference in the oem and swiss aft/mkt at all. I have a set of aft/mkt swiss submariner sb that I use for fitting hoods/bcts and they have been r/r probably 100 times and spring tension is good as new.

"I don't recall daytona prices but sub springbars are around 60$ a pair."

They were $4 each when we had a parts account iirc. I do not doubt for a minute that a 'friendly rolex AD' would try to get $60 for a pair though.

I know I sound like a shill for Star Time Supply but I have been using their swiss made rolex type sb for 10 or 15 years with no trouble at all.

sb p/n RP23-6694S for 1500/6694 etc are $1.75 each

sb p/n RP23-1675SW for early submariner/GMT are $1.75 each