When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen GMT hands help needed

archierocks

the sellers French with bad English lol does seem a very decent bloke tho might take the chance cheers for your knowledgeable goodness as always

i then need to try work out how to get them to fit a ETA as i wont have a gen movement

i then need to try work out how to get them to fit a ETA as i wont have a gen movement

Good luck :) :)

If you need help about French <-> English translation, just shout me a PM ! :)

I personally think it will be difficult... I have not the size of the holes in memory, so I can't say if it's possible or not.

But if it was me, I think it will be better to buy some good aftermarket hands, and go for a re-lume for the patina... Plus the dial at the same time for a perfect matching... :)

To me, gen hands without gen dial & gen movement is a non-sense, because you must damage the gen dial & hands to fit the ETA. Pretty bad if we consider these parts worth a lot of money this days...

I'm on the hunt for a small-arrow GMT hand for the genuine movement, and have a perfect large-arrow hand to trade, if that possibility comes up?

I'm on the hunt for a small-arrow GMT hand for the genuine movement, and have a perfect large-arrow hand to trade, if that possibility comes up?

Saw two this week on VRF and eBay. FYI...

Guest zeleni kukuruz

You guys talking about a small gmt hand like this one right?

8fe3a5cf.jpg

I know a guy in France that has them in his safe ;)

he takes them out from time to time just to look at them ;) i was lucky to get one!

I know a guy in France that has them in his safe ;)

he takes them out from time to time just to look at them ;) i was lucky to get one!

I hate to say it, but the GMT hand in your watch does not look gen.

Nanuq - MY has 6542/1675 handsets (steel, gilt or black) to fit gen movements (click pic for link)

6542%20gilt.JPG

Yeah if I wanted to pay that much for a pathetic little teeny piece of painted metal, I'd ask someone to smack me upside the head.

I mean..... it's insanity to pay $130 for that little bitty eentsy weentsy piece.

But for some odd reason, it's perfectly sane for me to pay $300 for a gen Superdome T-39.

:g: Let me rethink my position for a minute.........