When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor MC finally complete

seagoing3

thanks is there any way to remove a link form the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet so I can center the clasp a bit better? also after wearing my newer sub and SD SEL bracelets it was surprising how light and thin the old folded link style bracelet is thanks for the help.

It is entirely possible to remove the links. I actually removed every link from my MC in order to have some stretch in them. It is a HUGE pain in the ass to do and if you are not careful, you will seriously deform the mid links and make them look quite weird. It takes time and patience to do it.

Basically what I do is use a small jewelers screwdriver (one you don't particularly care about) and very gently come in the side of the mid link and pry it up just a little bit. Then I got to the other side of the mid link and do the same. In theory, if you were careful, the mid link will now be open up just a little bit and evenly. Then I use a large flat blade screwdriver (that is close to the overall width of the mid link) and gently bend the mid link open some more. I go a little bit at a time until it is open enough to remove the link below it.

To put it back together, I use a watch makers hammer with a nylon end on it and fold it back over. While I am hitting the mid link, I am pulling the hammer towards me so that the link bends with it's natural curve instead of just flattening the link (which will cause the link to have a rather large gap in it).

I believe there may have been a special tool designed for this sort of thing, but I haven't been able to find one yet.

Bottom line is, folded links are a pain, but when done right, the bracelets are so nice and comfortable (in my opinion).

It is entirely possible to remove the links. I actually removed every link from my MC in order to have some stretch in them. It is a HUGE pain in the ass to do and if you are not careful, you will seriously deform the mid links and make them look quite weird. It takes time and patience to do it.

Basically what I do is use a small jewelers screwdriver (one you don't particularly care about) and very gently come in the side of the mid link and pry it up just a little bit. Then I got to the other side of the mid link and do the same. In theory, if you were careful, the mid link will now be open up just a little bit and evenly. Then I use a large flat blade screwdriver (that is close to the overall width of the mid link) and gently bend the mid link open some more. I go a little bit at a time until it is open enough to remove the link below it.

To put it back together, I use a watch makers hammer with a nylon end on it and fold it back over. While I am hitting the mid link, I am pulling the hammer towards me so that the link bends with it's natural curve instead of just flattening the link (which will cause the link to have a rather large gap in it).

I believe there may have been a special tool designed for this sort of thing, but I haven't been able to find one yet.

Bottom line is, folded links are a pain, but when done right, the bracelets are so nice and comfortable (in my opinion).

Speaking of which, where does one get the replacement center links?

E

Speaking of which, where does one get the replacement center links?

Ah..... yes... I was waiting for that question.

And I don't have an answer for you unfortunately. I have no idea where that german fellow found those nice, new, and still in their original packaging mid-links. There was another discussion about this somewhere a long time ago, and I believe Freddy was the one that mentioned that he didn't think you could get them anymore.

I'm wearing mine as i type. I had a folded link bracelet but decided to try a rep 93150 (from cartell) about 6 months ago and havent gone back since. Albiet more accurate (7836) the 93150 feels more secure and a bit beefier. Just my 2 cents... Enjoy your MC and looks fantastic!