When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Easiest way to add stretch to a Yuki 7206 bracelet?

milesd

In addition to my 5513 project, I'm also working on a 6536. I have a Yuki bracelet, however it doesn't fit. I can get the clasp to close, but it's REALLY tight. I had a 5513 with a gen bracelet and it fit perfectly, but it had a little bit of stretch. Any easy way to stretch the bracelet without damaging it? Thanks!!

Yuki sells a spring loaded 7206 too. I bought one and the endlinks were terrible and it caught my wrist hair all the time, so into the drawer it went.

I bought a Yuki un-sprung 7206 rivet for my 6536/1 and it was way too tight on me too.

So I unfolded the middle sections of 2 links on the springy 7206 and cobbled them into my un-sprung 7206. Result: perfect fit, no wrist hair biting and the 2 spring links (one on each side of the clasp) give a little when I need the band to stretch.

The perfect solution.

Might also try soaking it thoroughly with oil or bike chain lube...whatever is popular these days.

I had a folded that was crazy tight and very uncomfortable. I used spray oil for my cars air filter. I let it soak all day on newspaper, then I washed and scrubbed it about 100 times with dish liquid. It changed the feel totally and was great to wear after that.

• 3 weeks later...

EASY to add stretch to a 7206. Working on the backside of the bracelet... Gently wedge a small flat head screwdriver into the spot where to middle link metal comes together. Carefully twist the screwdriver to open up the middle link slightly. What you are doing is essentially making the middle link slightly longer allowing the bracelet to bend side to side replicating "stretch". If you make about a 1mm gap in each link, you will get some nice stretch. Just be careful not to spread the link too far open otherwise they may fall apart. WARNING. Once you "gap" the midde link to add stretch, there is no way to reverse the process without deforming the link (ask me how I know this). Do a little at a time and repeat the process if you want more "flop" in the bracelet. You can use the exact same process to loosen up a 7836 / 9315 folded bracelet. Makes it a lot more comfy to wear also.

dizz

EASY to add stretch to a 7206. Working on the backside of the bracelet... Gently wedge a small flat head screwdriver into the spot where to middle link metal comes together. Carefully twist the screwdriver to open up the middle link slightly. What you are doing is essentially making the middle link slightly longer allowing the bracelet to bend side to side replicating "stretch". If you make about a 1mm gap in each link, you will get some nice stretch. Just be careful not to spread the link too far open otherwise they may fall apart. WARNING. Once you "gap" the midde link to add stretch, there is no way to reverse the process without deforming the link (ask me how I know this). Do a little at a time and repeat the process if you want more "flop" in the bracelet. You can use the exact same process to loosen up a 7836 / 9315 folded bracelet. Makes it a lot more comfy to wear also.

dizz

Thanks!! I'll give it a try!!

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk