When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying a gen, help me out!

josecolon47

Send your money to me and I will surprise you with something nice ......lol

Out of all my gens the breitling gets the most wrist time. Awesome watch and the finishing is outstanding.

Lol Im glad I convinced you to go with the Omega! That is seriously one of the most beautiful watches I have seen

Im 90% on the omega, possibly heading to the dealer this weekend. The dealer informed me that has to be factory ordered as it so limited and rare to see in stores. If there are still some available the watch is going for $4,600 duty free here. Although the factory reminds that the watch can take to arrive from 3 weeks to 3 month, wich is kind of rare.

I have heard that since the watch is soo similar to the regular PO the extra fee is not worth. But then again, i guess 30 years from now or my next generation/son will have a pretty rare and possibly more valuable watch right?

I have heard that since the watch is soo similar to the regular PO the extra fee is not worth. But then again, i guess 30 years from now or my next generation/son will have a pretty rare and possibly more valuable watch right?

I feel that they look quite different. I have not seen a regular PO that looks this delicious:

Omega-Seamaster-2011-7.jpg

Omega-Seamaster-2011-16.jpg

Omega-Seamaster-2011-15.jpg

Edited by TimeStopper45

I'd suggest a 42mm Planet Ocean, as it's a nice watch, and less conspicuous than a Rolex, although to be honest, I doubt anyone would comment on whatever you're wearing anyway... Another option I would suggest, would be a Tudor Snowflake submariner, that's a real 'below the radar' piece :good::drinks:

I saw a really nice Rolex 5513 from the early 70s at a Tourneau in Waikiki. It was around $5,500.

It's a classic design and its value will increase every year. If you choose to, you can wear it 5 years and get all your money back, plus some.

Agreed 100%

The popular modern watches are cool, but expect to lose money, especialy if you buy new.

Aren't the last pictures posted by TimeStopper the new 8500 and 9300 PO versions? I'd definitely try on the new 8500 PO prior to purchase. They are considerably thicker than the older versions (around 16mm compared to 14mm - LM still has the older movement), I really loved it on pictures, but when I tried it on I was incredibly disappointed by this. The chrono is even worse, almost 20mm.

Rolex black sub from ttk the 11660 i think

Cartier pasha seatimer black from andrew

Rolex daytona black an red from josh

Bvlgari rettangolo from silix (horrible rep)

Cartier pasha silix

Tag heuer link chrono black

All of those are from back of 2006 or older, all are dead/sold except the sub

New 2012 111 pam noob! (waiting for it)

+ 2 gen tags, and a nixon (kick ass)

Some new reps will keep you going for a while, alot of good stuff out there these days. The Omega LM is a gorgeous watch, pretty hard to find, I heard alot of people that had them thought it was a gem but after a while it just looked a bit too glossy or polished for them and the extra expensive was hardly worth it, and went back to the original PO. Some loved it though, it would be nice to get a test run with one before you buy, they have become a bit of a cultish watch in omega circles as the are bloody rarely found new these days.

The 8500 PO is always an option as is a semi franken regular PO....a very good replication can be done at about $1Kish. Lots of options, but if it's going to be a pass on to kids then I guess it has to be gen. Did you think about the AT 8500 while looking at Omegas?

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't the last pictures posted by TimeStopper the new 8500 and 9300 PO versions? I'd definitely try on the new 8500 PO prior to purchase. They are considerably thicker than the older versions (around 16mm compared to 14mm - LM still has the older movement), I really loved it on pictures, but when I tried it on I was incredibly disappointed by this. The chrono is even worse, almost 20mm.

In complete agreement, same thing happened to me. Great in picks, visually heavy in reality. It feels way more 'bling' than the previous 42m PO - which construction and overall depth allows the watch to sit reasonably flat and more inconspicuous on the wrist.