When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Avatar And Signature With Sexual Content

cib0rgman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess it is time for me to add my voice to this;

RWG is a worldwide and multi-cultural community. We have members from all over the world. We all have different opinions, religions etc. But even if we are completely different in so many ways, we have one thing in common; our love for watches. And that is what RWG is about! Watches. A lot of the members will say that RWG is not only a watch forum and that is also true. RWG has developed into a community that share so many aspects and interests of the members and we are proud of this. RWG is "home" for a lot of members. We share many aspects of our lives here and the avatars and signatures are a couple of the things that we, as members, identify ourselves with and what the other members use to identify us. I know I have many "mental pictures" of members based on their writing and the avatar they use. A lot of members share important information in their signatures and this is info that will be lost to members who have to block out the avatars and signatures. When people visit a watch forum, they should not have to worry about offensive avatars or signatures, wether they are sexual related or found offensive in any other way. Members should not have to look over their shoulder if their co-worker, spouse, children or anybody else is watching their computer screen before they open up a new thread they are interested in reading. And nobody should have to stop visiting RWG because they find the content in avatars and signatures offensive. Like I said above; we are all very different. We have tried to create a set of rules for the members to avoid "cultural clashes" or other kind of clashes.

When it comes to this discussion about sexual avatars and signatures; Personally, I don't mind. Can't say I notice them. But that's just me and my reaction. As the admin of a watch forum, I can not tolerate these signatures or avatars if several of the members find them offensive or don't want to visit our great community because of them. This is a watch forum and there are so many other things you can have as your avatar and your signature other than content that other members find offensive. The very least thing you do is remove/edit your signature/avatar if another member find it offensive, out of respect for that member. We will not be tolerating any offensive signatures or avatars. Sure, we have threads with nudity, sexual content and maybe also content that some members find offensive, but this is in threads you actually have to go to to view the content. They are usually marked in some sort of way that you know what you will fin inside. The avatars and signatures are everywhere, even in the smallest and most inocent threads about watches. If the "wrong" member posts in the thread, we have heard examples that people get raised eyebrows or comments from spousers or other people in the enviroment around them.

Sure, you can turn off the avatars and signatures in the board settings, but this is not an option. I want all the members to have access to all the great info available in some of the signatures and I want all the members to able to view all the avatars without having to worry about what the next posers avatar looks like. I'm not letting less than 1% of the membership dictate wether members should have to turn off their vewing of signatures and avatars. So from now on we have a new rule:

16) No offensive avatars or signatures are allowed.

If people find a signature or avatar offensive, please send the member a PM and ask him to edit or remove it or contact the admin team and we will contact the member with a request to edit or remove the signature/avatar. If this is not done, the admins will remove the avatar and signature. If the signature or avatar resurfaces in the same form, we will remove it again and start using the warning system.

For those of you who think this is cencorship; Well, maybe it is. But this is a private forum and we set the rules we want people to play by here. This is a decision made by the admin, co-admins and moderators. If you think this is restricting your freedom of speech or freedom of expression too much, this might not be the right place for you.