When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchhonpo New Listings

watcher

Looking today at their page revealed a very good looking range of Vintage Daytona's with very good dials and sub spacing. Not sure abou tthe movment but I think they are saying VJ72 lookalike.

THes elook very much like DWstyle watches but the true experts will have a better idea.

Here's the link to the webpage.

http://shopping.e-conveni.net/index.html?cart_num=1743

:)

I'm no expert, but it just looks like the Venus 175 copy we've had for ages, with 6 o'clock sub dial frozen.

I'm guessing that the case has changed significantly from the ones that were available, due to all the shots with digital calipers in. If it gets the okay from the experts, i think i'll get one.

This one is cool:

145658-15728.jpg

I would wear it on a nice black strap with rolex buckle...

But it should not have "Oyster" on a dial when it has regular chrono pushers and that crown....

This rare dial with brown subdials is also cool!

145658-15729.jpg

Oh and while we are discussing vintage daytonas - Randy or any other expert - I have a question - should regular black 6263 dial have pure white subdials o should they be a bit silvery?

I've noticed that as well. It could be lighting conditions, or perhaps Photoshop color balancing, etc. I'm not sure.

However... I've seen images of both white and silver font dials (standard black) with silvery subsidiaries. Based on the source of those images and watches, I have no question regarding their provenance and authenticity; I believe those to be correct.