When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trendy!

stratct

Not to forum bash but, I'm seeing a new trend at watchuseek. seems to be one mod who is mod power happy and likes the words "thread closed".

And someone posted a thread about it asking why he closes threads that are just dandy and he closed that one too. His reason? "not supposed to question moderator actions"

Sorry for the rant. But I couldn't post it there or my thread would be closed

Regards

Shane

It's a shame that that happens sometimes. We do close threads sometimes, but only when they get way out of control or way off topic. We invite creative, friendly, vigorous debate here. Just keep the name calling out of it and it's all good :tu:

Thanks for the rant! Now unfortunately, we have to ban you ;)

• Like 1

the rise of the internet has led to an explosion of SPS, also known as TDD or BPPB in some circles

SPS = small penis syndrome

TDD = tiny [censored] disease

BPPB = baby pee pee bitchazzery

:D

Lmao! That perfect

I've seen that happen on a couple of the subforums on WUS. Which forum did you notice it in?

In all the forums. I can't get away from it. Lol

Sometimes people should not be mods for the reason of maturity level or mental imbalance

When those kinds of people become mods, they can bury a Forum. It destroys the community.

21 years now posting to forums. Seen it all. Done it all.

I have seen that as well on some of the WUS forums. The worst for close moderating are the "official" forums. Those forums are bought and paid for by the watch companies. So what you can get away with on the Omega forum which is a regullar forum, may very well get closed and locked by a mod on say the Doxa forum. One thing, the oficial forums will not allow is any negative comments about service problems, or conflicts between the buyer and the company. If you post, "Brand X's service is wonderful, I sent my 5 year old watch in and they completely overhauled it, polished it up good as new and sent it back FEDEX overnight and it didn't cost me a penny", that post is fine. If you post "BrandX's service sucks, they didn't return my calls or email, andI'll never buy from those SOB's again", that one will get deleted and you will get a stern warning from the Mods that you are in danger of being banned. Their philosophy is the Brands pay the bills, and they get to make the rules.

Sometimes people should not be mods for the reason of maturity level or mental imbalance

When those kinds of people become mods, they can bury a Forum. It destroys the community.

21 years now posting to forums. Seen it all. Done it all.

We had 21 years of Internet?! Lol

It's older than that, but you would have to be working at a college, national lab or a defense contractor to be using it before that time.

Crazy! I'm only 18 and remember dial up and getting those free Internet disks from AOL lmao! I used to actually use floppy disks...

I remember when everyone on the Internet was angry that AOL was going to connect their users to the 'net. Pretty-much ruined everything.

Before then, AOL was a self-contained community.

All hell broke loose...

Edited by stratct

last warning, keep it on topic or it will be locked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion is about knobhead mods on forums who lock and delete topics when they feel like it and abuse their power, so watch it you lot!!!! i am watching you all

All 36000 of you!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ;)

hehehe @ FxrAndy.. got me worried there fo a while.

BBS rocks though to keep it on topic ;)

man im a newbie.. been online 20 years.. and im still trolling :bangin:

But i agree, mods and staff in general is a major part in a forums success. I might not be to clear to ppl who only use this forum.. but its because the staff here dosent play the mini hitler game..