When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hermes belt - gen vs rep comparison?

kingkaiser

depends. Look online and the belt or go to the site and look at side by side comparisons. Generally its hard to tell now a days. Metal molds are pretty cheap. The details are in the leather believe it or not.

Thing is seeing it online only gets you so far with this, since the steel itself has a particular sheen on the gen (I believe it's plated with silver or palladium).

And then there's the leather as you mentioned. Again, a physical side by side tells you much more.

But I'm guessing that it hasnt been done :s

There are several (6? 7?) photo-pictorial reviews of Bergie's Hermes belts, some which include gen comparisons.

Go up to the search box, up top, and type in "Hermes Belt Review" and make sure FORUMS is highlighted, not "This Thread"

There are several (6? 7?) photo-pictorial reviews of Bergie's Hermes belts, some which include gen comparisons.

Go up to the search box, up top, and type in "Hermes Belt Review" and make sure FORUMS is highlighted, not "This Thread"

Hmmm, I did check for Hermes reviews before i posted, and I found a few, but no gen-rep comparisons.

Hmmm, I did check for Hermes reviews before i posted, and I found a few, but no gen-rep comparisons.

trust me, no one will call you out with one of Kens belts! The only way anyone will call someone out on a "H" belt is if they know you don't have the $$ to buy one. The build quality and small details are there in his belts. Buy with confidence.

Agree with JKay. The amount isn't the issue it's being wealthy enough to spend that on a belt. So being able to pay for one is not necessarily the same as being able to afford one.

A belt isn't like a watch where normal people save up and sometimes have one that seems beyond their means.

my feeling is if his friends all have gens then he's probably on a hiding to nothing getting a rep belt as there are bound to be differences.

Edited by DamonHorse

Buy anything from Ken with confidence> He is a stand up guy with great products. I have so far ordered 4 belts and 2 H purses...All pass quality control.

+1 on the comments here.... For example If you rent and share a one bedroom apartment, are a college student and your parents struggle, you would be called out.

I can pull off an $800 belt pretty easy; I work in high finance and my clothes tend to be fairly high end brands. Actually tried to buy the gen but after 6 months of them never having it in stock, I got pretty tired of trying to give them my money.

But obviously, I'd rather not be the 'rep' guy in my friend circle, so it being convincing is important.

Might end up taking my chances and ordering it

Edited by kingkaiser

I can pull off an $800 belt pretty easy; I work in high finance and my clothes tend to be fairly high end brands. Actually tried to buy the gen but after 6 months of them never having it in stock, I got pretty tired of trying to give them my money.

But obviously, I'd rather not be the 'rep' guy in my friend circle, so it being convincing is important.

Might end up taking my chances and ordering it

At the Hermes and even the LV boutiques it's hard to receive any help from the sales associates. I've had to walk out so many times after waiting 20 - 30 minutes for someone to help me. I prefer to purchase directly online when possible, unfortunately Hermes doesn't have much on their Web site for sale.

At the Hermes and even the LV boutiques it's hard to receive any help from the sales associates. I've had to walk out so many times after waiting 20 - 30 minutes for someone to help me.

But man do you get great service at every other store in the mall once you're walking around with that LV shopping bag!

At the Hermes and even the LV boutiques it's hard to receive any help from the sales associates. I've had to walk out so many times after waiting 20 - 30 minutes for someone to help me. I prefer to purchase directly online when possible, unfortunately Hermes doesn't have much on their Web site for sale.

LV is horrible for customer service - I've never had a problem with that in Hermes, they just never have the H buckle in my size and color combo available. You can get it if you want it in red and blue, but never normal colors like black and brown.