When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Critique my photography . . . . .

kasigi

The rep isn't perfect, but this is more for me getting the feel of playing around trying to take a decent photograph.

Equipment was simple, a small black cushion, some black fabric, a base board under it to keep it flat, a Canon Ixus 400 and a tripod.

11568-4410.jpg

The rep isn't perfect, but this is more for me getting the feel of playing around trying to take a decent photograph.

I will do you the honour of discussing the photo and not the watch then. :)

I like the different colour light in the top and bottom half. Everything else is perfectly fine. In focus, nothing in the way, clean ...

Stuff I'd change: I'd fix the lighting/colour/contrast in software. Let's see if I can demonstrate.

11590-4405.jpg

That's a first quick pass with the usual toolkits, but it brings out the details. This means there was nothing wrong with the photo itself that couldn't be brought out in software. This is a good thing.

It's a nice shot, but would be even better without the light reflections below the crown, and on the date window.

I like to use my watches as targets when I practice doing better photos too.

Many details, easy to see if all the details are sharp.

Wow! Lots of advice and lots of things to read there. My problem is space and to start cutting boxes and fitting things to them isn't that practical for me here, but a ready built collapsible fabric box would be ideal as it can be squished down and opened up easily and quickly. Yes, I know an old cardboard box can be broken down etc but wtf, it's only 15 quid!

I have some new toys coming soon so expect more pictures :)

Wow! Lots of advice and lots of things to read there. My problem is space and to start cutting boxes and fitting things to them isn't that practical for me here, but a ready built collapsible fabric box would be ideal as it can be squished down and opened up easily and quickly. Yes, I know an old cardboard box can be broken down etc but wtf, it's only 15 quid!

I have some new toys coming soon so expect more pictures :)

K.

I have thought about getting one a few times for those same reasons... might be time to head to the bay!

Look forward to the pics