When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Grand Prix Dial Project (Correct Metallic coating, fixed sub dial flaws, correct wrong fonts, correct hatch marks)

As many of you may know I'm producing a Correct REP dial for AP GP, I have been told noob factory couldn't make the rep dial to be perfect, I was so confusing why they can't make it correctly as just update some minor flaws, So I was planning to produce this by myself, I found a dial factory which is reputable and good craftsmanship, they can use a better mold to make this dial, able to fix the hatch marks problem of noob dial and all the sub dial flaws, so the other problem is the middle part of the coating, noob factory just use the epoxy on the middle part, but the Gen one is using matt metallic coating , I found a good plating factory and they have that color which close to the GEN dial. The rep GP Full carbon version Gold Tachymetre ring is incorrect color, the rep one is light gold coating, the Gen one is more dark gold color, that's not the normal plating color so most of the plating factory told me they can't make it accurate to the gen color, I found another plating company can make the plating color like that, in Chinese it call " color plating" and I hope it will get good result. I also will make this Tachymetre ring if the color is accurate.

The project is now beginning and the factory already give me the Computer draft picture, the first dial sample will be finished very soon when I have confirmed the coating color.

1) fixed the wrong sub dial color of noob dial.

2) fixed wrong fonts in the sub dial.

3) fixed the hatch marks close to the 9 o' clock subdial. On the rep the hatch marks have a circular cut-out near the subdial but this is not present on the gen.

4) The Rep sub dial outer ring is too fat compare with Gen, the Gen one should be thinner.

5) will be use the correct Matt metallic coating of the middle part, Matt Blue and Matt Red, The gen one is shiny in some angle but actually it's matt metallic color.

6) correct the "SWISS MADE" fonts.

apgpdial.jpg

Hi Ryan

that's great work .. looking forward to this project very much ... how about the incorrect dial on the rose gold version ?? will as that has dial flaws .. wrong sub dial colour and wrong tachy red writing and wrong red on sub dial hands and chrono hand?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Daytona1984

that is awesome! are they also able to produce a 1:1 dial when it comes to the window out cut so we can use a dubois-depraz module? this would be great, since the window out cut of the rep dial never align perfectly with the date wheel of the 2892 with dd module...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...