When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Factory Direct Yacht-Master

tc670207

Thanks to PamLuver80 lend me use this YM for review! This is actually his watch he bought at full retail price without first seeing the pictures or acknowledgement of the specs. I'd also like to thank Fixen. He's the very first member who paid full retail price without asking for pictures and specs the day I was at my seller's office watching his apprentice assembling the YM. If it is not Fixen and PamLuver80, I would probably just passed this YM because price is way out of my league.

TC-Yacht-Master-06.jpg

This is TC Factory Direct Yacht-Master. I call it "Factory Direct" because this is built by one of my seller's apprentices. She has the most delicate skills in watchmaking. I saw her assembling this beautiful piece in just 20 minutes. I would need at least an hour and half to build one. Yet, this little young lady built it with every details attended.

The TC Factory Direct Yacht-Master itself is a dream watch. I have known my seller for quite a while but he never mentioned it. If it is not so many members sending me PMs and emails requesting me asking about LV Sub, TT Sub, Super SD, and YM, I would never know such a rep existed. I am never a YM guy, but this YM got my heart tickled.

TC FD YM comes with four major parts: The watch, the bracelet at 6, the bracelet at 12, and the clasp comes along with a clasp pin or spring bar that connects the bracelet at 12. Same as TC Subs, the YM uses 2 x 2.0 mm gen spec spring bars to hold the bracelet. This is something none other reps could because using 2.0 mm spring bars means machining the lug holes requires extreme accuracy. In gen watch world, only Rolex itself uses 2.0 mm spring bars to hold the bracelet.

TC-Yacht-Master-01.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-02.jpg

The YM bracelet is so well constructed and finished one would get deja vu of holding a gen bracelet. It is solid mid links with mirror finishing on the center links and on the sides of side links. Each link is so well positioned with same gap distance to another. The center links have no play at all it does not move freely upwards or downwards, it does not move even if pushing or squeezing it. The solidness, the heftiness, it just shouts gen when holding it.

TC-Yacht-Master-03.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-04.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-05.jpg

The clasp has the best coronet I have seen so far. It is forged then hard pressed to the safety buckle.

TC-Yacht-Master-15.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a gen feature? Members who have a gen YM pls chim in! The link screw is covered with a stainless steel tube. It gives the bracelet the smoothness when folding it. The whole bracelet doesn't "jingle" at all unlike all those cheap stuffs we see in GZ.

TC-Yacht-Master-16.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-17.jpg

Like TC 93250 clasp, the Yacht-Master 78760 clasp also gives a firm, springy feeling when opening and closing it.

TC-Yacht-Master-19.jpg

TC FD YM comes with TC DWO. It is the same Date Wheel Overlay I used in TC Subs. It has the same gen feature - date print raised high gloss.

TC-Yacht-Master-18.jpg

The crown guard shape is excellent! No other rep makers could ever do it right to make the crown guard with a V then gradually turn to U shape.

TC-Yacht-Master-09.jpg

TD FD YM comes with TC 1.8 mm gen spec sapphire crystal - Rolex part # 25-295-C. It give perfect clarity and the edge is round finished it just shouts gen.

TC-Yacht-Master-10.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-11.jpg

TC FD YM 78760 bracelet has great SEL fitment to case lugs. I wouldn't say it has the tightest SEL fitment, but the look, it feels just right with even, flat edges.

TC-Yacht-Master-12.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-13.jpg

If one has to be anal, you could see the spring bard head with a back light.

TC-Yacht-Master-14.jpg

This is old school Rolex - bracelet part number stamped on the back side of the first link.

TC-Yacht-Master-23.jpg

TC FD YM comes with brand new gen ETA 2824 movt. The construction is basically identical to TC Subs.

TC-Yacht-Master-24.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-25.jpg

Inside the case back stamped MONTRES ROLEX SA. GENEVA SWITZERLAND, STAINLESS STEEL, followed by ROLEXSA and the case back part number 2180.

TC-Yacht-Master-26.jpg

The only thing I have to complain or not like the YM is it has too large the area with mirror polishing finish. I took this YM brand new for taking pictures, not even wearing it once. It already got scratches like it is a scratch magnet. Here's the warning to members who are anal, this baby gets scratches as soon as you tearing off the wrappings. I took every precautions taking these pictures and the YM already got scratches every where.

TC-Yacht-Master-20.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-21.jpg

TC-Yacht-Master-22.jpg

TC FD YM dial is the crème de la crème. I never looked rep YM before not just because I'm not into fancy watches, but also I thought it was impossible to rep the gen YM platinum dial. Platinum texture and color shade is impossible to substitute with other precious metal materials. It is just not possible! My seller did it. I don't know his trick but look at it!

TC-Yacht-Master-07.jpg

Then finally the lume shot.

TC-Yacht-Master-08.jpg

Thanks for reading.

6/09/12

TC

can't wait to see the rest of the tc line up when it comes, gmt, seadweller, etc....

This

If TC can get a project like this done this well, I can't wait till he starts selling GMT's and SeaDwellers