When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

15300st

cc33

• 3 months later...

I have been waiting 6 months for the 15300st with a black dial. None of our dealers had this watch available with the black dial until this week.

The new model has just been released with a new lume. As stated on this thread, that was what was sorely lacking on the original jumbo models.

I should receive the piece soon. I will post photos. I sure hope the wait has been worth it.

The 15300 has appealed to me more than the the original RO simply because I prefer a second hand on automatic watches, as well as the slight increase in case size of the jumbo compared to the 15200 makes for a nicer more sporty look on this iconic Genta design, IMO.

Waiting for a new watch is so much fun.

I have been waiting 6 months for the 15300st with a black dial. None of our dealers had this watch available with the black dial until this week.

The new model has just been released with a new lume. As stated on this thread, that was what was sorely lacking on the original jumbo models.

I should receive the piece soon. I will post photos. I sure hope the wait has been worth it.

The 15300 has appealed to me more than the the original RO simply because I prefer a second hand on automatic watches, as well as the slight increase in case size of the jumbo compared to the 15200 makes for a nicer more sporty look on this iconic Genta design, IMO.

Waiting for a new watch is so much fun.

How does this compare to the Gen? Is it somewhat an accurate rep? Any feedback?

Very accurate rep. ESP since nobody has any reference to compare it to as most people have never seen a patek before. As long as you don't take it off because of the expo back. Now with better lume it will be even better. Yes you can put it on a leather strap.

Huh? Why should anyone compare an AUDEMARS PIGUET with a PATEK PHILIPPE????

Dr. Theo

think hes getting this mixed up with an Aquanaut as i heard their also very accurate on the wrist but not on the case back. but i'd have to disagree on not many people seeing it. Depends on your social group.

I received my new 15300 today.

I will post pics asap.

The watch is pretty perfect.

The AP logo is not correct compared to gen, but nicely done nevertheless.

The lume is definitely the ticket. Really nicely done.

I don't care one bit about the sapphire case back, because I wear the watch with the dial up.

I certainly can't imagine anyone ever asking me to show them the back of the watch in an effort to determine it's authenticity.

The 40.5 case size and the 9.5mm thickness are perfect. Sits on my 6.70 in. wrist very well.

The bracelet wears very comfortably, not too stiff, although I will probably spend some time oiling it a bit for a more gen like suppleness.

Does anyone have experience with sanding a bit of the edge off?

Smooth seconds hand motion, not choppy at all.

I have waited sometime for this black dial model, and the wait WAS worth it.

I now own the three Genta's designs I have always admired. The PP Nautilus, the PP Aquanaut, and now finally the Royal Oak.

I think of the AP brand as the epitomey of classic sport design.

I am a happy man.

Pic's WILL follow.

I received my new 15300 today.

I will post pics asap.

The watch is pretty perfect.

The AP logo is not correct compared to gen, but nicely done nevertheless.

The lume is definitely the ticket. Really nicely done.

I don't care one bit about the sapphire case back, because I wear the watch with the dial up.

I certainly can't imagine anyone ever asking me to show them the back of the watch in an effort to determine it's authenticity.

The 40.5 case size and the 9.5mm thickness are perfect. Sits on my 6.70 in. wrist very well.

The bracelet wears very comfortably, not too stiff, although I will probably spend some time oiling it a bit for a more gen like suppleness.

Does anyone have experience with sanding a bit of the edge off?

Smooth seconds hand motion, not choppy at all.

I have waited sometime for this black dial model, and the wait WAS worth it.

I now own the three Genta's designs I have always admired. The PP Nautilus, the PP Aquanaut, and now finally the Royal Oak.

I think of the AP brand as the epitomey of classic sport design.

I am a happy man.

Pic's WILL follow.

Where are the pics? Can't wait :clap2:

I will post pics this week.

The lume is really good.

After spending time looking at the new 15400, I actually like the dial on the 15300 better, even though the double baton at 12

is reminicent of the original 15202.

I definitely love the super smooth seconds hand.

Sorry for the wait on photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Received my 15300 today from Andrew. I am quite disappointed as the links are dented, although I cant really tell from the QC's he sent me. Its quite horrible actually. Hopefully he'd send me new links, I already requested for it. Anyhow, does anyone know how to change it? 

• 2 months later...