When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Importance of AR

Cromag

I have noticed that these come with AR, double AR, and no AR. What do GEN use?

It seems to me that double AR or maybe GEN crystal makes a huge difference in the overall look of a good quality rep.

Thought?

Need AR on my 3717. Can anyone help me find someone who provides the service?

My Navitmer had double AR years ago and the results were stunning. (Jacob did this)

Thanks

What do GEN use?

It all depends. Some gens have single, some have double. Some have purple tint, some have blue. Every gen brand is different.

It seems to me that double AR or maybe GEN crystal makes a huge difference in the overall look of a good quality rep.

Thought?

Is sure does. One of the most common mods performed on a watch is either to get a gen crystal or get the crystal double A/R treatment. For my POs, you can see a HUGE difference comparing the stock A/R vs a gen crystal vs a double A/R treatment by one of our modders.

• Like 1

I never even give it a second thought....After having owned many many watches over the years, I cannot say that I have EVER been in a situation where a lack of A/R has stopped me from determining what time it was!!

:pimp: :pimp:

About a year ago i received a watch with totaly damaged coating from factory:

4RYvW.jpg

To much hassle to send it back to China, so i took care of it myself. I let FineDD in Germany do a new coating with no color result:

7LZdE.jpg

I have another factory watch, that has a blue tint AR coating. Also a pic to compare factory and finedd color free coating. Did my best to catch the blue tint for pic.

JbIiL.jpg

A good coating job makes a lot of difference in the total looks of a watch. I think it was a € 100 job back then including shipping to Germay and back to me :)

• Like 1

About a year ago i received a watch with totaly damaged coating from factory:

4RYvW.jpg

To much hassle to send it back to China, so i took care of it myself. I let FineDD in Germany do a new coating with no color result:

7LZdE.jpg

I have another factory watch, that has a blue tint AR coating. Also a pic to compare factory and finedd color free coating. Did my best to catch the blue tint for pic.

JbIiL.jpg

A good coating job makes a lot of difference in the total looks of a watch. I think it was a € 100 job back then including shipping to Germay and back to me :)

Wow thanks for taking the time to post pics buddy, the difference is huge, I think I deffinatly need to get my upo ar'd properly. :)