When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new thoughts on a TW after owning a sean case :/

irolexu

Ok, how BAD is the BK/TW case compared to the TC/Sean case? I mean, is there a pictorial comparison around? Also, the TC springbar for the bracelet, is it a good solid fit(quiet), if so, can we just "dimple" it ourselves?

I'm getting my BK case today and sending it to Justin for the lug bar treatment as I still have not received my drill bits. I'm using a combination of TC, BK and Clark's parts with gen crystal and crown(the BK tube accepts the gen crown)

E

As soon as I have the Sean case complete I will do a comparison. But like I mentioned the TW case is a lot fatter, bezel teeth are to shallow where as the Sean case is near perfect, crown height which we all know is perfect on Sean and to low on TW, and of course TW only allows a 2836-2 and well I don't see why anyone would cut the feet off a perfectly good dial. Just my few cents. Other then that the TW is fantastic but I am going for bigger things on my sub build :)

Will do...don't get me wrong if you want a daily beater and something that looks great grab a TW if your a super geek and you are about perfection and correct this and that...Sean case :)

To all newbies: Don't waste your hard earned money on a BK TW Sub. It's over $150 more than TC's entire set. Yes, I was one of those homers who bought a BK TW Sub for $660 plus shipping, and a BK TW LV for $680 plus shipping. Personally I couldn't stomach the thickness of the TW case, not to mention the inferior crown guards. You don't have to be an expert to see that's it's a rep. Even if you put a gen insert and crystal on it, you're just putting lipstick on a pig.

That's harsh indeed. The differences are so small. Sure, if you're a WIS, you notice them but let's not forget that the goal is to get as close to gen as possible and the TW, just a few short months ago was as good as it got. I wouldn't disrespect the product or the source so harshly. In 6 months, NEWSOURCE will discover something slightly better. Should we then knock the TC as a piece of a crap?

That's harsh indeed. The differences are so small. Sure, if you're a WIS, you notice them but let's not forget that the goal is to get as close to gen as possible and the TW, just a few short months ago was as good as it got. I wouldn't disrespect the product or the source so harshly. In 6 months, NEWSOURCE will discover something slightly better. Should we then knock the TC as a piece of a crap?

Sounds like someone needs to gain some perspective. Here's why no one will EVER knock on TC: It's clear that TC is only out to source the best of the best for the community, and in return, makes no profit. On the other hand, BK somehow had an unlimited slew of WM9 parts (hands and dials), but chose to put them in an inferior TW (WM9 V1) case, and sell them for $660+. Now ask yourself this: why is that? Make what you want of it, but if you think the differences between the TW (WM9 V1) and TC (WM9 v4) case are small, you have not seen/held a genuine sub first hand. V1...V4...now is my opinion subjective, or objective?

It's not about perspective, it's about respect. I have nothing against anyone. Both help the community in sourcing parts others cannot. I'm sure if anyone, not only BK could have sourced the TC parts, we would gladly buy them, mod them, Frankenstein them, etc. If BK put them in the case he did, we bought it knowingly at the advertised price! That's my point. When the next guy comes out with the perfect case, will you be the first to crucify TC for what will surely be an inferior case in the future??? The game is about getting better each time. Every once in awhile, something new comes along.

I choose not to denigrate people. It's my choice. I can appreciate what both have done without bashing anyone. Of late, I've read several posts of yours relating to BK watches where you are basically attacking him. Who the hell posts a Sean Case watch in BK's watch section, if you don't want to buy from him and pay the premium, don't. He builds the watch and has great after sale service. I've heard the same of TC. Not everyone works for free. I don't.

To each his own. And for the record, I did own a gen and sold it. I prefer to keep my reps and no more than 25% of cost of gen. That's a $1,000 budget for a modded 16610 and that's plenty!

Now, let's enjoy our watches wherever they come from!

Noobs!

:)

Eiderdaus made a comparison of all cases some time ago

http://www.rwg.cc/to...le-16610t-comp/

Pics are down, but there is still a lot of info here.

Maybe someone could ask him to repost the pics

;)

Noobs!

:)

Eiderdaus made a comparison of all cases some time ago

http://www.rwg.cc/to...le-16610t-comp/

Pics are down, but there is still a lot of info here.

Maybe someone could ask him to repost the pics

;)

:clap2:

Question : will the BK TW guts transfer into the TC?

And if so, I'm stuck with a less than perfect case...

You and me both.

A BK TW uses a 2836 and a TC uses a 2824. If you put a 2836 into a 2824 case there will be issues with the stress on the stem, which could lead to bigger problems.

Or so I have heard.

From TC's blog referring to the 2824-2, "It comes with Canon #4 Pinion, which makes the hands height same to Rolex 3135 hands height. It eliminates the ugly factor all other replica Rolex looked "fake"."

true ETA 2836 does not fit TC V4 case.Only ETA 2824 and gen Rolex 3135 fit TC Case.

You are wrong. I have dropped two 2836s into two TC v4 cases without serious issues. Both are running just fine.

The TC v4 case has the tube drilled at a slight downward angle. It gives a bit more flexibility on the stem height.

Question : will the BK TW guts transfer into the TC?

Yes. Did it twice.