When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comex Build

Rolexaddict

sorry, I made a test and put wwwwwwwwww as a tittle, I don't know how to correct

Second build of the Sub 5514 Comex

Same punition as for the first edition, complete story described here,

Ingredients :

A Josh's 1665 thick case found in my spare parts magic box, which has been reduced in thickness from the top and the rehaut also and reshaped. CG also reshaped and lug holes re-drilled for the gen Rolex springbars clearance.

The 1665 thick bezel ring has been also reduced in high to the same thickness as the submariner bezel.

I have removed the faux HEV and drilled the case. The project is to recreate an artifact, something working, dont know what, but I will find an issue before going in water of course... I hate false fonctions like false HEV or like fixed hand at 6 for Cosmographs.

The dial was bought from Ephry73, the plexi origin is Otto Frei, but it was complete reshaped and repolished to make it looks like the real thing. The movement is an Asian low beats ressucited from my trash can, complete rebuilt and serviced and relooked to simulate a Rolex 1520 (just simulate...)

I will adapt a modified folded bracelet with a clasp and a diver extension like the first 5514 I have built.

The bezel insert was slightly faded and completed with a Yuki pearl

co02s.jpg

casebacks.jpg

58478698.jpg

superbeface1.jpg

profilehev1.jpg

profilecg3.jpg

profilecg2.jpg

lumee.jpg

Lume is not to bad... a personal magic mixture....

introz.jpg

the first 5514 and the little sister

hevprofile.jpg

cgprofile.jpg

Edited by dluddy