When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pom

offshore

OK, I'm going to thrust my 2c in to the POM award... even though I can't win it. ( More's the pity)

When I 1st got into reps, I was just another newb who wanted to have something on his wrist, that resembled a gen; probably for ego purposes, can't really remember now, however, after a few purchases, I acquired a few tools, to alter bands et al.

Then a few more tools were needed, a watch course followed, more reps were purchased, and suddenly I had the " disease"

I then started to question the cost of reps vs gens.. and proceeded to build a small collection of gens.

Fast forward 3 years... 30+ reps, over 100 gens in the collection..... worst still, in excess of 1000 "under repair".. "ready for sale" ( mainly quartz) although about 200 mechanicals are in the Work in Progress bins...

Thanks RWG.. ( and TRC - my 1st home), I have now spent over $10,000, on tools - equipment and "stock'

Torn up countless hours on a huge range of forums... have gone thru serious discussions with the wife about " I'm leaving if you don't temper this OBSESSION!!!"

What a ride... wouldn't have missed it for quids... have "met" some great people, who I count as genuine friends.. ( Interestingly I have never had a face to face with any from the forums)... but I can honestly say that the great majority are just terrific, genuine guys.

There have been some down times... some eggs have gone rotten, some "friends' have shown their true colours.. but I suppose this is what life is all about.

Has RWG saved me? ... anything?... certainly not my bank balance... has it given me anything?

Yes... a new hobby... new skills... a better understanding of the world we trade and live in.. but most of all a group of fellow watch lovers, who I can depend on, and work with, to help others enjoy a most unique pastime.

Thanks RWG.... so come on... lets see those posts about what RWG has done for you... good and bad.

Offshore

Fast forward 3 years... 30+ reps, over 100 gens in the collection..... worst still, in excess of 1000 "under repair".. "ready for sale" ( mainly quartz) although about 200 mechanicals are in the Work in Progress bins...

:Jumpy:

I am speechless. You have beaten Kasi in the number of watches owned.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: You are atrue watch-maniac.

I thought I was obsessed w/ watches until reading this post.. now I feel normal.. almost. My wife

too does not understand.... "why do you need to keep on buying more watch straps? why do you have to have so many watches? They all look the same!! "

have gone thru serious discussions with the wife about " I'm leaving if you don't temper this OBSESSION!!!"

I guess I better never get married :Jumpy:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :rolleyes:

Great story... didn't know there was someone more obsessed and addicted than me. It's a disease I tell you! :black_eye:

Guy's I don't think Alan's intention was for you all to gather around and say nice 'story read it well' but to inspire you all to look at what RWG means or has done for you so you too may give us your PoM worthy stories.

Ken

Guy's I don't think Alan's intention was for you all to gather around and say nice 'story read it well' but to inspire you all to look at what RWG means or has done for you so you too may give us your PoM worthy stories.

I'm waiting until close to the end of the month before posting. :D