When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most expensive rep I have ever seen

irolexu

Uncle Dan's Pawn Shop sounds like the place I want to do business with. At least he is sort of honest calling it a rep.

Cubic Zirconia diamonds , which are not diamonds at all dont make the watch $3850.00 more than it should be. He probably paid

fifty bucks for it. By the way, Yuck! Ghastly looking watch.

Uncle Dan's Pawn Shop sounds like the place I want to do business with. At least he is sort of honest calling it a rep.

Cubic Zirconia diamonds , which are not diamonds at all dont make the watch $3850.00 more than it should be. He probably paid

fifty bucks for it. By the way, Yuck! Ghastly looking watch.

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here. :)

Having been a licensed pawnbroker in the state of Co in a previous life.....the ad states diamonds, not CZ's.

Although the watch is horrible, and Dan the man needs spelling and grammer lessons, I doubt the seller is going to risk his expensive and hard to get state license.... passing off CZ's as diamonds.

He probably loaned too much on it and trying to recoup some money.

Funny, I saw a gold version of this watch on Pawn Stars a few months ago, and Rick lent that guy quite a bit of money on it based on the gold/diamonds.

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here. :)

Having been a licensed pawnbroker in the state of Co in a previous life.....the ad states diamonds, not CZ's.

Although the watch is horrible, and Dan the man needs spelling and grammer lessons, I doubt the seller is going to risk his expensive and hard to get state license.... passing off CZ's as diamonds.

He probably loaned too much on it and trying to recoup some money.

Funny, I saw a gold version of this watch on Pawn Stars a few months ago, and Rick lent that guy quite a bit of money on it based on the gold/diamonds.

Coming from a licensed pawnbroker, your explanation is highly plausible. What makes no sense is someone putting all those diamonds on a rep. You are correct

though, obtaining the license cannot be a cakewalk and the straight and narrow path must be followed to stay in business. Thanks for your POV.

Well keep in mind, those are going to be the lowest grade diamonds available and not worth very much.

They call these tiny pieces "chips". They average the size, say ten points and total them up to get the full weight. Gives the illusion there's value there :)