When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Steinhart, A Few Comments On A Gen Brand

chris5264

I’m used to great service from people like Joshua and Davidsen but I have to admit I was totally unprepared for the service I’m getting from Steinhart. I know a few people on this forum have mentioned the brand from time to time. I ended up with an aircraft 8, very impressive watch. With the green, the whole dial is lum and really glows. Anyway, after a few weeks, something seemed wrong with winding it, I think the rotor is loose. Not a big problem that I would fix myself, but because it is under warranty I thought I would drop an email. The CEO (Jon) of Steinhart actually wrote back in a few hours and asked when a good time to call would be! We had a pleasant conversation and obviously it will be fixed. I expected it to be fixed, but an actual call these days is pretty impressive. Seems like they are going out of their way to build a reputation. Imagine someone from Omega or Panerai actually picking up a phone these days for a watch under a grand????

Here it is with my Azimuth

147610-15371.jpg

that's impressive! how about rolex customer service :black_eye: send your watch for service and it will be only a short 6 months to get it back :bangin: that is a really cool watch. what is the case size?

A few weeks after buying my gen omega seamaster, the bezel became bidirectional. It was gone about 3 and a half months. The AD I bought it from no longer has Omegas because their service was so poor. It was just nice to see a change. The one on the left is 47, and the Steinhart is 46 but looks much bigger on the wrist.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think they score very high on originality

sadly i have to agree!

however, that is going to change, starting march '07, when this baby is released.

153217-14342.jpg

stainless steel; 45mm; 24mm lugwidth; Sellita SW200 (swiss made, very similar to ETA 2824); AR coated saphire crystal; two shades of SL on dial; antimagnetic inner core ...

a version with orange dial will also be available:

153217-14343.jpg

a valjoux 7750 chrono will follow shortly after. a limited edition 1000m is being considered.